"Is this legal?" -My Verizon Wireless Nightmare Come True-
lizziepuma216
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this nightmare begins seeming much like a good dream, when I preordered the iPhone 6 Plus 128gb the very first moment it was available. When I ordered it I asked for mobile protection (which I ALWAYS get on every single phone I've ever bought in my life) and the phone was delivered on time, the first day it was out. What an amazing device! I have never been so happy with a new apple product before and was so happy to enjoy it without any worries, since I had gotten mobile protection. 3 1/2 weeks ago on 10/13 the unthinkable happened, someone stole my new iphone6 Plus (along with my wallet and went on a credit card spending spree)!! It was a really terrible day but once I made a police report and called all my credit card companies I calmed down and picked up the phone to call Verizon so that I could make a claim, and get my new replacement phone. After 2 hours on the phone, I was ultimately told that I declined insurance when buying my phone and that was that. My word against theirs and too bad so sad for me. After the frustration of all of this I finally caved and handed over $1000 for a new iPhone 6 plus over the phone to buy it outright. The phone operator told me that the phone would ship 10/24. The very next day I got an email from Verizon stating that my order had been shipped early- HALLELUJAH! So I went to look at the order status page to get my tracking number. There is where I stared at an order for not my iPhone 6 plus, but a completely different phone altogether. Wow. I then proceeded to pick up the phone and call Verizon again to find out what was going on. They told me that the order had been processed wrong so I'd have to order ANOTHER phone and pay them ANOTHER $1000+ for it. I was assured that I'd be refunded for the first incorrect order as soon as they got it back from me since it was already shipped out. After being on this call for an hour I was rudely disconnected "on accident" and had to call back AGAIN to complete my new order. This one was said to be shipped 10/24 if things went well and no later than 10/31. Being the patient customer that I am I returned the incorrect phone and waited, and waited, and waited. On 10/30 I eagerly went on Verizon's site to order the new iPad Air 2. I had been using my iPad as a "phone" for the past 3 weeks so I was excited to order the newest installment with all the new upgrades. After 45 minutes online trying to order it, Verizon (who shipped me multiple phones including the 6 plus and incorrect replacement phone) told me that my address was invalid and the order could not be completed. Too bad for you guys, because I went and the next day and bought it at Best Buy. After buying my new iPad I excitedly brought it to the local Verizon store to activate it. While I waited for the idiot employee to call customer service 3 times because he couldn't figure out how to do it, another employee was talking to me about the iPhone 6 plus and my frustration with the "lack of insurance" incident. I told him that I should have my replacement by Monday since the expected ship date was that day (10/31). He then proceeded to tell me with a smirk on his face that they had them in stock there, but I couldn't have one because they only see them to new customers or customers opening a new line, they just simply don't make money selling them outright. I was annoyed but brushed it off since I was expecting my phone to ship that day. Right after returning home I was using my new iPad and got an email from Verizon! It said that since apple didn't provide them with any phones so they weren't going to be able to ship my new phone until 11/21, a full 5+ weeks from the date of my original order. An order I shouldn't have had to make at all since I DID have insurance. As of today, 11/4 I have no phone, no refund from the phone I returned, and I am so sick of Verizon I could puke. Verizon, if you're reading this, I have 2 words for you: MEGA FAIL. The worst thing about this nightmare, is that it is still not over..... FML

Labels (1)