"Verizon 3G" Icon has Disappeared
ja_sells

I have had my iPhone 4S for about 2 years, and for some reason yesterday the "VERIZON 3G" icon located in the upper left-hand corner disappeared leaving me with no internet access outside of my WiFi connection at home (which works fine). The only way to get internet outside of WiFi is to set the data roaming to ON for data & voice, which I want to avoid due to additional charges. Yes, my data is set to ON and yes, I have already tried resetting my network settings to no luck.  What caused this, what options do I have, how do I fix this??? Not sure if I switched something else on accident that I don't know about. The rest of my phone works perfectly fine.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: "Verizon 3G" Icon has Disappeared
Kdins

I have the exact same issue!   Can someone help?  Thx.

0 Likes
bchrunr

mine as well- no roaming available for the last 48 hours. this is weird. trying to get someone at verizon to contact

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is really strange to say the least, ja_sells, Kdins and bchrunr.
Do you all happen to live in the same area?

Has the 3G icon returned.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MattDunham

Mine is doing the same thing, has been for 2 days now. And I don't have another phone to call tech support, can you help me out?

0 Likes
ja_sells

My magically reappeared the other day. Went into a verizon store & they said it had something to do with the towers in my area. But if you need service now go to settings/general/cellular & then turn roaming on for data.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your 3G Data MattDunham! What is your zip code? Still having difficulties now? Tried power cycling your device or resetting the network? http://tiny.cc/l8j52w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Houseofwood

I have the same problem.  Sometime I have 3G service and sometimes I don't.  I commute from home to work.  Home zip is 79316 and work zip is 79382.  I especially lose it when travelling across county lines as well as in the 79358 zip code.  I didn't have this problem until Verizon started using service from NTS in our area.  Now my 3G goes away or is VERY VERY slow.  Please help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us Houseofwood! I'm confident that we can partner together and get this resolved once & for all. May I ask are you having any voice issues in this area? Also, have you tried resetting the network settings on your device as well? If not then here's the link.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/47779/

Once you have done so then please reboot and retest in the area that's in question. I want to cross reference your software version so if you can provide me with your iOS and carrier version then that would be great.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MattDunham

My zip code is 66502. I was out of town last weekend in zip code 66614 and I had 3G service there, so surely it can't be the device, right? I've reset the network settings 3 times, did hard and soft reboots, and no luck. I'm using IOS 6.1.3, carrier is Verizon 14.0, PRL is 64505. Anything else you need?

Thanks

0 Likes