"Verizon" Not Showing by Signal Meter
estes80

I have had my iPhone 4s for a little over a year and a half.  As of two days ago, the Verizon logo disappeared at the top of the screen.  Overall service quality seems to be down as well.  I have read similar threads on here regarding the same problem, however, most all point to an Alltel PRL number.  All of these threads are one to two years old.  The Alltel PRL theory makes sense, except in my case, where my phone has said "Verizon" for over 18 months now.  My mother in law purchased a new 4s last week and I noticed hers didn't show the Verizon logo at the time.  A few days later, my logo disappeared and so did the same on my wife's 4s.  Is there anything new on this subject?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: "Verizon" Not Showing by Signal Meter
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi estes80,

Let's look into this! What is your current zip code? Do you experience the issue in a certain location? Are you having trouble with voice and data? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
estes80

Thanks! My zip code is 79560. I haven't been outside of 50-mile radius since this occurred, however, my service is great in places and not so good in others. Prior to this, it was generally pretty good everywhere I went in the area. The Verizon network has improved greatly over the past few years around here. All of a sudden my service seems like it has regressed to the way it was about three years ago.

I contacted tech support and they say there are no service problems for my area. However, they had no answer for my phone not showing the Verizon logo anymore. In my opinion, I think something is causing my phone to look for other towers instead of the closest Verizon tower. Why, I don't know. Could a different PRL number cause something like this to happen? My iPad still shows Verizon logo, and it has a PRL number of 52992. My phone's PRL is 40092.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

estes80 wrote:

Thanks!  My zip code is 79560. I haven't been outside of 50-mile radius since this occurred, however, my service is great in places and not so good in others. Prior to this, it was generally pretty good everywhere I went in the area. The Verizon network has improved greatly over the past few years around here. All of a sudden my service seems like it has regressed to the way it was about three years ago.

I contacted tech support and they say there are no service problems for my area. However, they had no answer for my phone not showing the Verizon logo anymore. In my opinion, I think something is causing my phone to look for other towers instead of the closest Verizon tower. Why, I don't know. Could a different PRL number cause something like this to happen?  My iPad still shows Verizon logo, and it has a PRL number of 52992. My phone's PRL is 40092.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad

The iPad has a Verizon PRL and most likely is on a Verizon plan.  The phone has an Alltel PRL.  Do you have an Alltel plan for the phone line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
estes80

Yes, the phone is on an old Alltel plan. However, the Verizon logo has been visible at the top of the screen for over a year and a half. Why would it change now?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information estes80.  That is odd that is no longer showing the Verizon logo, but your iPad does.

Let's try updating your PRL. Please dial *228 and press option 2 when the voice prompts you to and then test the service again.

Keep us updated with results.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes