receiving calls on multiple phones
dmkalos

when ever i get calls my daughter's phone rings as well as mine when really I just want my phone to ring.Smiley Sad This just started today . . . can't figure out what changed that caused this to happen.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: receiving calls on multiple phones
Weth
Legend

You're sharing AppleID's. That is why both phones ring.

2 Options - Set your daughter up with her own child AppleID and you can be master account.  You can still share Apps, you are still in control of her account. If she wants an App, you will be Asked to approve or deny.  It is called Apple Famil Sharing. 

Alternate option - on your phone, go to settings /FaceTime and turn iPhone Cellular calls off.  Do the same on her phone. 

It was caused by the Apple upgrade.  It is a feature.  I use it to get calls on my iPad when the phone is not nearby at home. 

View solution in original post

Re: receiving calls on multiple phones
Weth
Legend

You're sharing AppleID's. That is why both phones ring.

2 Options - Set your daughter up with her own child AppleID and you can be master account.  You can still share Apps, you are still in control of her account. If she wants an App, you will be Asked to approve or deny.  It is called Apple Famil Sharing. 

Alternate option - on your phone, go to settings /FaceTime and turn iPhone Cellular calls off.  Do the same on her phone. 

It was caused by the Apple upgrade.  It is a feature.  I use it to get calls on my iPad when the phone is not nearby at home.