sudden spike in data usage
BARANBB

yesterday without even using my phone I went through .5 gb data, 1 gb in last 2 days. I assume its an Apple issue, but if it costs me money in overcharges it becomes a Verizon issue.I turned off everything, I thought it was a maps issue but my data usage is higher in media and app refresh, now turned off. I am monitoring this but will have to go elsewhere if it continues as I am off contract

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sudden spike in data usage
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We would never want to lose you as a valued customer. Data usage is certainly something to be watching for and you took some amazing steps to stop that upward trend. Let's take a closer look at what has been happening. Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software? When going to the Settings, Cellular, is Wi-Fi assist on?

0 Likes
BARANBB

No new apps, games or software were added. Wi-fi assist was off. I have

been able to stay within my 2 GB plan even while traveling across country,

using maps and Yelp continuously in February.

Any ideas? thank you

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM, lorenb_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Wow! Sounds like you have done a great deal of traveling, BARANBB. I hope that it was as amazing as it sounds. As to the phone, let's have you take a look to see where that data is going. Please go to the Settings, Cellular and then scroll down. You will see that the apps on the phone do indicate their data usage. If nothing looks unusual there, please select the System Services to view System requirements and what data they have used. Let us know if you find anything that is indicating a large chunk of your data.

0 Likes
jendur1492

I am in the same situation with my daughters phone. We have taken all the precautions like not have wifi assist on, no apps running in the background, etc and we are still being told that we used 2 gb of data at 5:00 in the morning on a saturday when we aren't even awake???? We hardly ever go over data even when she took a college course online. This has happened the last two months and now we have 10% left with 13 days to go???? Really???? Something is wrong with this picture and wish Verizon would correct otherwise they will start losing customers including this one.

0 Likes