text receipt issues
atcsite

I have noticed last couple months that my phone will make the sound/alert for a new text message, however my phone does not show any messages received.  Now happening about 3 or more times per day.  I am sure I am missing text messages because people will ask me about them.  I have backed up and restored my phone.  Tried power cycling and just installed the iOS6 update and today still have had a couple alerts of new text messages with nothing showing on my phone.  iphone 4. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text receipt issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi atcsite,

I imagine the annoyance this alert is causing especially when messages aren't loading into your phone. Have you noticed this happen with certain people or are the people telling you of the problem random? I appreciate you trying the back up and restore as a troubleshooting step. If the trouble is with random users, I suggest doing the wipe of the device again but starting it like new. If the trouble is with the same users, we're going to need to review messaging history to determine if the problem may be in the back end. Can you please give us more details so we can get this fixed as soon as possible for you? If you determine the full wipe of the phone is what you need, you can follow these steps: http://bit.ly/vA8ie9. Please let me know if you did the reset or the answers to these questions.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes