verizon getting worse and worse. very poor coverage and service
Noor1
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon coverage is icky at the very best. when it was 2G, 3G and even 4G I had better coverage but it kept getting worse and worse and I am still living in the same exact location. When I go to work or visit friends, I barely get any coverage anymore. It has gotten so freakishly bad that verizon, in my opinion, has become worse than sprint and I thought that nothing can go lower than sprint.

Furthermore, have you tried contacting their customer service via chat? try it. bot keeps going in a loop. You can barely ever get a live agent anymore.

poor coverage, poor customer service, and less and less stores available. Man I'm out. Looking forward to seeing your stock price drop to $3 like Sprint once was

Labels (1)
Re: verizon getting worse and worse. very poor coverage and service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Noor1! We are sorry to read that you're having trouble with your service, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. ~Aaron

0 Likes
dbobeck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our service has continually declined.  We as well chose Verizon due to the coverage in our area.  At that time we were AT & T customers.  Verizon was then and always has been the most expensive provider but since they were the best show in town we caved and switch.  To our surprise we had really great coverage.  

Now we can barely send texts, certainly nothing with data, without question cannot stream music or even use data, and often times cannot even make calls.  What would happen if we needed EMS, Police, or Fire????

Would they have an answer to a death due in part to their poor business model, lack of planning and preparation, lack of predicting growth models and movement in the industry, lack of agreements with competitors to piggyback on towers and/or share resources just to satisfy the major board shareholders instead of the stakeholders?  

I am hoping they are able to quickly produce results before they completely fail all of us and we have to find alternative competitors.

nicktrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

My service started to decline about a year ago. It doesn't matter where I go the data service is terrible. I usually have 3 to five bars and I can't even stream music. AT T was better. When you pay almost $200 a month and have bad service there is something wrong. I will be changing carriers as soon as possible unless something changes. It is everyone I work with and travel with. We all have different generation iPhones and samsungs, it doesn't matter. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, nicktrice. Please be assured that we want you to have the best wireless service and an excellent experience with your phones. 

You mention that you have issues streaming music. Do you have any issues making/receiving calls or sending/receiving text messages?

Are you experiencing issues right now? If yes, what is the ZIP code and the nearest street intersection of the trouble location? We'll check your specific location for potential network issues.

-Antonio

0 Likes
barrett_fodder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same position and Verizon's answer to me for at least the past year has been to try and upsell me a different phone or reboot or some other absolutely senselessness (I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G).  I literally work in the electronic warfare and signals industry and travel through out the Midwest and Southeast United States.  I have watched a steady degradation in signal to noise ratio and a reduced antenna pattern size, both of which add up to lower bandwidth and narrow fields of optimal coverage.  My company, 328,000 employees strong, is migrating AWAY from Verizon for this reason for all of our official business uses because the signal is not reliable or sufficient (that's almost $2M annually in usage costs).  It very often tests at 1x to 2g levels even with 2 or 3 bars of 4G showing on any given device.  This is not an accident in my professional opinion.  It is a calculated and deliberate effort to drive their customer base to buy ever newer phones with the promise of signal increase in an attempt to make money off of the device that they are losing in plan retention.  This activity is illegal in the EU and Asia and is why you will not see any Internationally started/based telecommunications companies act thusly.  

Prove me wrong!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you have the services you need at all times is important. We are here to help. What happens when you try to use your services (call, text, data)? How far do you have to travel to receive a consistent connection? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

-Sylvia

0 Likes
karlmarsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issues then contacted support all they did was try to sell me upgrades. All I want is the coverage I had when 5g wasn't a thing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karlmarsh, 

We don't want you to experience any issues when it comes to coverage. We're here to help, so let's work together and get your signal back up to par. What specific issues are you having with your service (calls, data, etc.)? How long have you been experiencing this and how often does it occur? How is your service when you’re in other areas?

-Ryan

0 Likes
schadenfroh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has gotten much worse since the pandemic, likely had something to do with 3G being disabled.  I used to be able to drive home from work without calls fading in and out, that happens all the time now.  I used to be able to send/receive text messages when in town, now depending on tower load, that doesn't always happen.  I have a 5G capable phone, but I have to disable 5G sometimes to get on the 4G fallback for calls to work when the 5G tower is slammed.  This is almost as bad as pre-t-mobile Sprint, and much more expensive.

0 Likes