Re: what is going on?
rcschnoor
Legend

Most likely, Verizon simply passes on the expected ship date Apple gives to them. If Apple has a problem with supplying the phones on the estimated date, there is not much Verizon can do. Hopefully, you will get it soon.

Re: wtf is going on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Icer,

Thanks for the additional information! I know how frustrating waiting on a new device can be.  I can check on your order status. I have sent you a follow request, please accept. Send me a Direct Message with your mobile number and billing password. 

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes
MeridianReprised

How do you know you have to wait until Nov 4th??

0 Likes
Bigfatdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

My status is "we have received your order and it is in process..estimated shipping date Nov 4".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigfatdan, congratulations on your upgrade to a new iPhone! We're so excited for you. Due to the high demand for these devices, we apologize for the delayed shipment. Our Apple friends are working really hard to replenish our stock and ship your device as soon as possible. Trust me, the wait will be worth it. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with the details of your delivery shipment soon.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bigfatdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, LasinaH_VZW.  Like Tom Petty says "The waiting is the hardest part" Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rcschnoor, thanks for helping us support our customers with information regarding the shipments of the new iPhone 5s devices. Due to the high demand for these devices, there is a delay in shipping this device at this time. We want you to know that our friends at Apple are working hard to replenish our stock as quickly as possible. A confirmation email will be sent to our customers when their package ships. We appreciate the patience of those that have been affected by this issue and reassure them that this phone is definitely worth the wait.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mannyjo85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so NOW I have a reason to be (removed), not at Apple, but at Verizon.  A friend of my son's just got an email from Verizon that his iPhone 5s grey 16GB device just shipped.  He ordered his through the VerizonWireless web site on September 28, over a week after I ordered my three phones. My status still shows that my September 20 order is in progress with a ship date of October 28.

What the heck?  I've been a loyal Verizon customer for about six or seven years.  I have FIVE devices on my family plan.  I get nailed almost $300 a month for my services.  And some teenage kid is getting his phone--the same model as one of the three I ordered--within two weeks of placing his order?

Customer Support, please do not reply with the same "We're so excited for you!" canned message.  I really don't want to read it.

Comments edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes