Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
what type of number is 000-003-3286
rdstriumph

my wife is getting text messages from 000-003-3286 any idea what it is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what type of number is 000-003-3286
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

It's a shortcode used by event marketers, or businesses - possibly a restaurant or store promo (text us to get coupons) or event updates.... what are the text messages about?

View solution in original post

prometheuz
Contributor

Hmmm from the looks of it, it seems it's a number that uses a paid/free service to mask its true identity. Do you get spam messages from this number aside from the usual texts? Let's wait for the seasoned members here to take a look at your issue as well. I'm sure they can give you the answer you've been looking for Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

It's a shortcode used by event marketers, or businesses - possibly a restaurant or store promo (text us to get coupons) or event updates.... what are the text messages about?

zackpewpew
Enthusiast

There are a couple possible solutions to this problem. If it is a restaurant or store promo, have her try texting STOP to the number. That should unsubscribe from most of those services. Otherwise, there is a great number blocking tool in MyVerizon under my plan and services that allows you to block up to 5 numbers. I hope this helps!

Ann154
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, the five free blocks will not work on short codes which this is one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Walker6111

0 Likes