when i call somebody my name shows up on their phone as Regina and i am getting calls from people asking for Regina. Was this the name of the person that had this phone number last? I just got this phone recently. How does this issue get resolved?
PennyPowers

when i call somebody my name shows up on their phone as Regina and i am getting calls from people asking for Regina.  Was this the name of the person that had this phone number last?  I just got this phone recently.  How does this issue get resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when i call somebody my name shows up on their phone as Regina and i am getting calls from people asking for Regina. Was this the name of the person that had this phone number last? I just got this phone recently. How does this issue get resolved?
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure that your new phone is personalized to your standards, PennyPowers! We can work to change the caller ID or if you are not too attached to it the phone number can be changed. Both of the these processes can be completed via http://www.vzw.com/myverizon, through "My Device" settings, in Shared Name ID and a mobile number change.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: when i call somebody my name shows up on their phone as Regina and i am getting calls from people asking for Regina.  Was this the name of the person that had this phone number last?  I just got this phone recently.  How does this issue get resolved?
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm not positive about this, but I think you can log into MyAccount on Verizon, and go to Change Features...

Scroll down and find "Share Name ID".

I don't think it costs anything and would allow you to set the Name you want to appear on other devices. If you'd rather it just say "Wireless Caller" then I think you chat or call Verizon Support and tell them to reset it for the phone number you have... or perhaps you go in and set it to Wireless Caller.

0 Likes
Re: when i call somebody my name shows up on their phone as Regina and i am getting calls from people asking for Regina. Was this the name of the person that had this phone number last? I just got this phone recently. How does this issue get resolved?
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure that your new phone is personalized to your standards, PennyPowers! We can work to change the caller ID or if you are not too attached to it the phone number can be changed. Both of the these processes can be completed via http://www.vzw.com/myverizon, through "My Device" settings, in Shared Name ID and a mobile number change.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes