yesterday, I downloaed the new software update, IOS 7.1.2, and since then my phone has been 'searching' and therefore have no cellular...help!!
sk8trgrl30

ios

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: yesterday, I downloaed the new software update, IOS 7.1.2, and since then my phone has been 'searching' and therefore have no cellular...help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sk8trgrl30,

Yikes! I want to make sure that we get you back up and running ASAP. What I would like for us to try is to go into Setting, General, Reset, and then Reset Network Settings. The phone should power cycle and then once it comes back on text out the network. If you are still having issues let's check the network in the phone by going into Settings, Cellular, and make sure that Cellular Data is on. I hope these work. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: yesterday, I downloaed the new software update, IOS 7.1.2, and since then my phone has been 'searching' and therefore have no cellular...help!!
sk8trgrl30

Thanks for writing back...for some reason I can't log in to support now Smiley Sad oh well

Anyways, I tried both of those things & still no luck...any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Laurie

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, sk8trgrl30. We want to make sure that we resolve this for you. Please remove and reinsert the SIM card on the device. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1mx9HT3

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
katie99

Sometimes when a person updates to IOS 7 their phone service becomes suspended all together, and the Verizon store won't be aware of that most of the time and they recommend getting a new SIM card when that's not the problem. So try the steps I laid out for you below before you take it any farther.

With any other phone, call the Verizon customer service line. Then it will ask you to type a phone number in that needs service, this is when you type in the number of the unserviced phone

After that it will tell you if your phone service is suspended and it gives you an option to un-suspend it as long as you have your account password.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
sk8trgrl30

Thanks again, but was noticing that the instructions are for the 5S, mine is just the 5. Do these still apply?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

The 5 has a Sim card. So yes carefully remove it and be careful with the gold tip. No fingers on the part because of oils from the skin.

Make sure the phone is off first. Remove Sim and wait a minute or so, carefully place back into device.

Turn on phone. Let it boot up. If it now functions, problem solved.

If not hold on/off button and large home button together to reset the device. Wait for the little apple logo to appear and release both buttons.

Hopefully it will now work correctly.

If you can bring it to Verizon corporate store or an Apple store for service

Good luck

0 Likes
dreamer8808

I'm having the same issues right and right now my phone is in recovery mode. I think I will lose everything on my phone. Help! what do I do?

0 Likes