$15 Verizon Plan
deborahgrace

I am trying to switch back to my Gusto 3 flip phone, but the cheapest plan available for it now is the $30 plan, which is only $10 cheaper than what I'm paying for my smartphone now.  I used to be able to get the $15 plan for this phone before, but now I can't. Why??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $15 Verizon Plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deborahgrace, I completely understand wanting to have the plan that works best for you and is affordable. To help serve our customers, we are working to create new plans which can better deliver the right combinations of services and price. Currently, the Single Basic Phone plan is $30.00 for the line before any taxes and fees. It would include unlimited talk and text, and 500 MBs of data if you needed it. You can view details of the plan here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/single-device-plan/

As newer plans are rolled out, older ones are retired. When we moved to unlimited talk and text our fixed minutes per month & text per month plans were discontinued unless someone was still using them. Those plans became grandfathered. However, when a person using a grandfathered plan wanted to move to a newer one, their old plan was retired. deborahgrace, it sounds like you were using a basic device for a little while and then switched to using a smartphone, correct? If you were using the $15.00 plan at the time for the basic device, it likely was grandfathered, and when you moved to the new data plan for the smartphone, it was retired. Does this provide clarity as to what occurred? Did you have any additional questions I could answer about basic phone plans?

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid or postpaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

because they no longer offer it. better get that gusto 3 activated before July 1st or you won't be able to ever get it activated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deborahgrace, I completely understand wanting to have the plan that works best for you and is affordable. To help serve our customers, we are working to create new plans which can better deliver the right combinations of services and price. Currently, the Single Basic Phone plan is $30.00 for the line before any taxes and fees. It would include unlimited talk and text, and 500 MBs of data if you needed it. You can view details of the plan here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/single-device-plan/

As newer plans are rolled out, older ones are retired. When we moved to unlimited talk and text our fixed minutes per month & text per month plans were discontinued unless someone was still using them. Those plans became grandfathered. However, when a person using a grandfathered plan wanted to move to a newer one, their old plan was retired. deborahgrace, it sounds like you were using a basic device for a little while and then switched to using a smartphone, correct? If you were using the $15.00 plan at the time for the basic device, it likely was grandfathered, and when you moved to the new data plan for the smartphone, it was retired. Does this provide clarity as to what occurred? Did you have any additional questions I could answer about basic phone plans?

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deborahgrace

Thank you very much for your help. You explained everything in great detail and I appreciate your taking the time to do so. I now understand why it's not available anymore. If I have any more questions in the future, I will definitely come here to get the answers.  Thank you again!!

0 Likes