4g LTE basic/flip phones for prepaid?
knturcotte1980

I know that 3g/CDMA will end of 31 Dec 2019. What's going to happen with basic/feature phones on prepaid? I don't see ANY basic/flip phones when it comes to prepaid. That's currently what my 81 year old grandmother has/uses, and switching to a smartphone is just flat out not happening for her. Giving her a smartphone would basically be the same as dropping her down in the middle of Russia with nothing and telling her to start a new life. The woman has never been on the internet before, and has no desire to be on it. She's never even sent a text before. She NEEDS a basic/flip phone, and wants to stay on prepaid

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g LTE basic/flip phones for prepaid?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Those types of phones are going away eventually. They used to have one device on pre-paid but I don't see it now. I'm sure they will have more by Dec 31 2019. However if he device break after June 30th 2018 she'll have to get a LTE basic/flip phone as no CDMA only phone will be allowed to be activated on the network after that date

EDIT here is one

ZTE Cymbal LTE Prepaid | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
knturcotte1980

That's my concern is I don't see ANY flip/basic phones available for purchase for prepaid

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can purchase any new phone at the full retail price and use it on prepaid accounts. Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
10036nyc

knturcotte1980 wrote:

That's my concern is I don't see ANY flip/basic phones available for purchase for prepaid

There aren't any basic flip phones.

I have the ZTE Z233VL which is very similar to the ZTE Cymbal.

It is okay, if you just want to use it as a phone and nothing else.

But it is bigger than my Motorola V325 which is a real flip hone.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well it's after June 30th so anyone wanting to activate an non lte flip phone can't do it anymore.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

10036nyc wrote:

knturcotte1980 wrote:

There aren't any basic flip phones.

I have the ZTE Z233VL which is very similar to the ZTE Cymbal.

It is okay, if you just want to use it as a phone and nothing else.

But it is bigger than my Motorola V325 which is a real flip hone.

This is a flip phone. LG Exalt LTE | Verizon Wireless

So is this. Kyocera Cadence LTE | Specs, Pricing, Reviews | Verizon Wireless

Another flip phone. Kyocera DuraXV LTE | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thisisdumb5

But all 3 of these flip phones....are not the flip phones we have had access to up to now. They basically include all the features we hate about smartphones (conversation view text messaging, super slow at everything, hard-to-search-for contacts, complex interface, non-intuitive settings, etc.) but none of the simplicity I think we all value about flip phones. 

0 Likes