About Transferring Calls and Text Messages
f_canton
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it true that it's possible to transfer calls and text messages from feature phone to feature phone but not feature phone to smartphone? The only thing you can do is to lose all your hard work on calls and text messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: About Transferring Calls and Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

j2001,

I apolgoize for any confusion. Allow me to clarify a little here. There is no way to currently transfer a call that is in progress to another phone. You can perform a conference call/3-way call, however, if the original caller hangs up the rest of the callers will be dropped. http://vz.to/29XqdML It there a specific reason you are looking to transfer an already in progress call to a different phone? There may be an alternate solution.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use all the features with your phone is key forrest_canton. We're happy to help with your concerns here. Just to clarify, are you looking to forward calls so that your phone doesn't ring and the call goes to another number? This can be done by dialing *72 then the 10 digit number to which the line should forward. Calls can be forwarded from your cell phone to any other 10 digit number. With your texts, are you looking to forward messages that are already on the phone or are you looking to forward future texts to another phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
f_canton
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I forward text and phone calls to another phone without losing the original date of the text or phone call which means that the text or phone call will keep the original date instead of using the forwarded date?

0 Likes
DAEddwards

BOth. I need the last week and future for now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAEddwards,

I appreciate the clarification. I never like being the bearer of less than pleasant news. Unlike our Call Forwarding feature, there isn’t a way to forward text messages from one number to another. For the messages you have already received, you many be able to manually forward the messages to another number. What make/model phone are you looking to forward from?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j2001

That is call forwarding. I need call transfer. Sending a call in progress from my phone to another person's phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

j2001,

I apolgoize for any confusion. Allow me to clarify a little here. There is no way to currently transfer a call that is in progress to another phone. You can perform a conference call/3-way call, however, if the original caller hangs up the rest of the callers will be dropped. http://vz.to/29XqdML It there a specific reason you are looking to transfer an already in progress call to a different phone? There may be an alternate solution.

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes