About every 8th or 9th text I RECEIVE is completely unreadable on my Samsung flip phone. And it's NOT due to the sender's phone -
MOE-JAN

Before anyone in support tries to say it's because the sender's phone is not compatible, or the sender is using emoticons or whatever - this is NOT the case.   I can get three or four text messages from my neighbor on her iPhone and then suddenly, the next one is all @#$#@$@%.

Same thing with my sister-in-law - she and I will be texting back and for the just fine - then gobbledygook.   My friend ALSO has a flip phone - and her texts will be fine for days - then again: unreadable.   A salesperson in the Verizon store reset my phone - didn't help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: About every 8th or 9th text I RECEIVE is completely unreadable on my Samsung flip phone. And it's NOT due to the sender's phone -
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOE-JAN,

I wouldn't be happy if I was texting then suddenly get gobbledygook messages. I'll be happy to help. When did this exactly start? What is the model of your Samsung flip phone?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: About every 8th or 9th text I RECEIVE is completely unreadable on my Samsung flip phone. And it's NOT due to the sender's phone -
MOE-JAN

Hi Ryan,

This has been going on for several months. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a fluke or a joke, but it continues to happen and from people who wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. I see by researching the internet, this is not an unusual problem with Verizon customers.

I want to add a line to my account, but am contemplating other providers strictly BECAUSE of this issue.

Jan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOE-JAN,

Your loyalty is very important to us. We want to make sure we keep our relationship going. This is very alarming to us. We want to fully research this together. What Samsung flip phone do you have? Did anything change recently to potentially lead to this issue? Any physical or liquid damage on the device?

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MOE-JAN

No, no damage to the phone - and if you google this issue, you will see it is widespread throughout Verizon users.

Jsn

0 Likes
darthmojo
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they are sent emoticons, small picture emojis, your device cannot translate them. Have them send you a smiley face emoji and then see how it comes out on your phone. Most likely it is that. Hope this helps. May the Force be with you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOE-JAN, let’s get this figured out as I sure you don’t want to continue to see these text messages. Which Samsung device to you currently have? Darth Mojo, awesome answer as this could very well resolve the issue. MOE-JAN, is this the culprit to the issue?

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes