Added new phone to line
Wally45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed a phone and added a new phone to my account.  The phone will not dial 911.  What could I have done wrong in setting up the new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Added new phone to line
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You've ensured that the phone was fully activated, i.e., you can make/receive other calls?  Have you tried dialing *228 and choosing options 1 and 2 just to make sure that the phone is fully updated?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What phone did you add? Is it new or an older phone?

Even a phone that is not activated on any service should call 911, unless really an old phone  Not sure if a call can be made if the SIM card is not installed though.But considering you are speaking of a basic phone, that should not be an issue.

0 Likes
Wally45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  added an LG4600  I can send and receive calls.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

Even a phone that is not activated on any service should call 911, unless really an old phone 

geeze ... my coffee hasn't kicked in and I totally forgot about that! 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's an old phone, but it appears to be 911-capable from a quick internet search.  Have you tried dialing *228 and choosing option 1, then dialing it again and choosing option 2 just to ensure that the phone is updated?

0 Likes
Wally45
Enthusiast - Level 2

It used to work fine then I stupidly spent $30 for a new phone, hated the new phone and went around in circles for 3 months with Verizon trying to get the old phone back again.  I figured out on my own that I could change back online so I did.  The switch went OK except...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What message, if any do you hear?

0 Likes
Wally45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would dial 911 and hear nothing.  No connection.  Dead Air.    I just tried 911 again and the phone goes into emergency mode which I don't think it did before so I am going to guess the update may have fixed the problem.

0 Likes