Alarm on Samsung Brightside not working
CallieGP

My Samsung Brightside phone alarm does not work when I set it to go off  in the  mornings it will not work, but when I set it  later in the day it will work. Has anyone else had this problem with their Samsung Brightside?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alarm on Samsung Brightside not working
herbalsix

Yes! Lately, I've been missing work because my phone's alarm hasn't be going off. Usually my phone reminds me to take important medication, and I've double checked that they are on and active. TERRIBLE!

0 Likes
samncompany

YES! I received a notification for a new update which fixed the T9 word texting problem, but NOW my alarm doesn't work at night but it does during the day. i have been late to work several times too. Is the phone resetting at night or something?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Samncompany

Thank you for your reply. I have brought this alarm concern up to our product investigation team. There is no resolution yet. We are actively looking into this issue. As soon as a fix is available. We will post it here. Thank you for your patience.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

When are you going to bring up the epic fail of the calendar function not working? I am now firmly convinced that a batch of Samsung Brightsides were defective when sold by authorized and unauthorized verizon retailers and Verizon won't admit it to its customers. NO ONE AT VERIZON WILL HELP ME! EPIC EPIC FAIL!!!! My Calendar AND Alarm have failed to work since the day I purchased the phone - on March 11, 2012 and now a Verizon employee states that a "batch" of Samsung Brightsides may have been defective (a FIRMWARE PROBLEM) so I want to hear from ALL CONSUMERS who purchased a Samsung Brightside from on or about February 1, 2012 through today and whose Calendar and Alarm features have (a) never worked; (b) worked a few times and then ceased to work; (c) worked one or two times AFTER June 1, 2012 alleged update. Verizon keeps passing this off to Samsung but yet us consumers who have this now useless POS phone -- and Verizon REFUSES TO REPLACE WITH A BRAND NEW IDENTICAL FULLY WORKING SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE -- (I am a victim of this-- are now STUCK with this phone! Verizon is trying to give consumers a "like new" Samsung Brightside but most likely these "like new" phones are part of the original DEFECTIVE FLAWED BATCH!!!! This is just HORRIBLE!

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

When did you purchase your phone? If it was between Feb. 1, 2012 and today, it may be part of a defective batch of cell phones that Verizon refuses to acknowledge are defective; and it refuses to give its consumers new ones that actually WORK!

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

do you remember when you purchased your phone? it may one of thousands in a defective batch of phones but no one will acknowledge that this could be the reason the calendar and/or alarm notifications have not, do not and continue not to work.

0 Likes
CallieGP

I purchased my phone in may. Is my phone defective as well? and there is still no update available for my phone. Is it because I blocked the internet ?

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

CallieGP: Your Samsung Brightside could very well be one of those "batch" phones that were defective when sold. It has nothing to do with the internet being blocked, either. The phone may be defective and Verizon refuses to issue new phones because they aren't any "new" ones that have been fixed or manufactured to actually work as marketed, as sold for profit. Verizon does not care about the customers who bought these alleged defective phones - they are too busy marketing and selling the higher priced smart phones.

Check your calendar function. Do a test calendar event - set a test even for 3 different days and see if the calendar function works. If it epic fails, then you most likely have a defective phone from the original batch. Verizon won't refund your money and it will try to give you a "certified like new" Samsung Brightside which is a used phone that is most likely from the original defective batches that were mass produced, marketed and sold to the unsuspecting and "sucker" public. Let me know about your calendar, please. The more people that state they have a problem(s) with the Samsung Brightside, the more defense i have to bring a lawsuit against Verizon. But it will counter with "oh, it's the manufacturer's problem" even though Verizon continues to market and sell these phones for a profit. keep me posted!

0 Likes
Charles6

I have found that when I lower the ringer volume to "Alarm Only", the alarm will work in the morning.  It is fine for me because I don't want my phone going off in the middle of the night anyhow, but this is not the case for everyone so it shouldn't be that way.  To anyone looking for a "feature" phone that doesn't require a data package, AND wants some basic smartphone features (keyboard for me), this is the best "feature" phone that Verizon has!  All of their other keyboard phones are really old.  If you don't need the keyboard, you won't like this phone.

0 Likes