Re: Alarm on Samsung Brightside not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PRL = Preferred Roaming List and is updated when you dial *228, option 2 on non 4G LTE devices.

FYI a search of this community would have revealed the same information has it asked a number of time in the past.

If your only interaction with the community is via email, perhaps this will inspire you to see what other information has been posted here before about your device and the other devices and services on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

so the PRL has nothing to do with the fails of the Calendar and Alarm functions. that is what I was looking for.

i started this thread a long time ago so I am aware of what's posted on these threads concerning the Samsung Brightside. Unfortunately, I do not have a photographic memory so I did not remember what PRL stands for. Thank you for sharing the informtion.

The phone is defective and as I have stated before, it is not a coincidence that thousands of people are having the identical problems. Verizon stated an update was forthcoming to FIX the calendar and alarm issues - that was back in October. Verizon and Samsung are and have been very much aware of the problems for months now re: the Calendar and Alarm functions but have failed, refused and neglected to do anything about same. many of us are stuck with these defective phones with no recourse at all. it is not up to the consumers to find a "fix" for this phone. Verizon and Samsung have an obligation to consumers to address and fix issues with phones each sell for profit. When companies fail to uphold these obligations, it paves the way for consumers to file formal complaints against companies for knowingly selling a defective product (unfair and deceptive business practices) Mass. General Laws Chapter 93A.

0 Likes
bratiful

I have had this phone for quite some time. My alarm quit working this week. It works occasionally, but not most of the time. Nor does the calendar functions now. What is going on? My husband was late to work yesterday, because I am the one who gets up first and then wakes him. This is ridiculous. I am reading how long you have claimed you would fix it. We have two of these phones in our home and they intermittently shut themselves off, as well

These have been the worst phones we have ever owned. So many software issues, including not being able to download most applications to them from lack of quality software.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

welcome to the defective Samsung Brightside club. If you go on the internet, you will find hundreds (if not thousands) of posts from people who have the identical problem. The phone is defective and Verizon nor Samsung is every going to fix it.you are stuck with these phones.

I am going to try and find at least five people and file a class action lawsuit. Verizon said a fix was forthcoming IN OCTOBER. Never happened and not going to.

Since March, I have documented only five people who have working phones but I am of the belief those five people are Verizon employees who are putting up fake comments about the Brightside.

Verizon tried to blame the problems on us consumers - a Verizon employee told one consumer he "sweated" on the phone and that's why his alarm and calendar stopped working.

that's just pathetic.

the phone has been defective since it came on the market in late Feb.-March 2012. Verizon will never fix it because the money is in smart phones now and it would cost them too much to issue a recall.

good luck - you're stuck with this defective phone.

Thespookyone

Yep my alarm not working. I have even set extra. None going off. I guess I will set my I touch as alarm cuz phone sur ain't no help

0 Likes
JimSlimbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I've posted in this thread a few times trying to debug the calendar/alarm issues.  I can't remember who mentioned it but a while back someone suggested popping the battery out and back in to get the calendar/alarm to work again.  I've been using this method since October and have not had any problems since.  I probably pop the battery out once or twice each week.

But I've also heard that the battery pop out/in doesn't work for everyone.  The reason I'm posting now is I noticed my phone got a software update last night and is now version u380.MB1 (it was u380.FF01 last time I checked).  I'm going to quit pulling out the battery for a while and see what happens!

Good luck everyone.

0 Likes
Sandy08
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine does not work either.  There should be a recall.  I don't want to drag out my radio clock alarm!  This stinks....

0 Likes
CAFR

I discovered a fix on my Brightside for this problem. My device was 35 days out of warranty when the external audio quit. Soft and Hard resets didn't fix it. I took off the battery cover and used compressed air to blow out the external speaker and Viola! It works! Try it, what have you got to lose?

0 Likes