Alarm on Samsung Gusto
actino

Is there a fix yet for the intermittently operating alarm on the Samsung Gusto.  I have software version u360.DE30.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alarm on Samsung Gusto
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Information is not available at this time on a software or work around on alarm clock issue on device. Make sure are on latest software u360-dh26.

To view software version:

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings&Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Info, press OK.
Scroll to Software Version, press OK.

Try resetting alarm clock by removing all alarm set ups first:

From the Home screen, pressMenu; Settings & Tools; Tools; Alarm Clock.

Use the Directional Key  (which is OK button) to highlight the alarm you wish to disable. Press the Right Soft Key and select Reset All to remove all alarms.

Set a alarm: From the Home screen, press Menu; Settings&Tools;Tools; Alarm Clock.

Press OK button; Set, then use the Directional Key to highlight fields to enter alarm details:

Alarm: Use theDirectional Key to toggle the alarm on or off.

Time : Enter the time for the alarm. Use the Directional Key to select am or pm.

Frequency: Use the Directional Key to choose options:

Once: The alarm sounds only once at the specified time.

Daily: The alarm sounds every day.

Mon-Fri: The alarm sounds Monday through Friday.

Weekends: The alarm sounds Saturday and Sunday.

Ringer: Use the Directional Key to set a type of alert, and 

select a ringtone. When you finish entering information, press OK to save.

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Information is not available at this time on a software or work around on alarm clock issue on device. Make sure are on latest software u360-dh26.

To view software version:

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings&Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Info, press OK.
Scroll to Software Version, press OK.

Try resetting alarm clock by removing all alarm set ups first:

From the Home screen, pressMenu; Settings & Tools; Tools; Alarm Clock.

Use the Directional Key  (which is OK button) to highlight the alarm you wish to disable. Press the Right Soft Key and select Reset All to remove all alarms.

Set a alarm: From the Home screen, press Menu; Settings&Tools;Tools; Alarm Clock.

Press OK button; Set, then use the Directional Key to highlight fields to enter alarm details:

Alarm: Use theDirectional Key to toggle the alarm on or off.

Time : Enter the time for the alarm. Use the Directional Key to select am or pm.

Frequency: Use the Directional Key to choose options:

Once: The alarm sounds only once at the specified time.

Daily: The alarm sounds every day.

Mon-Fri: The alarm sounds Monday through Friday.

Weekends: The alarm sounds Saturday and Sunday.

Ringer: Use the Directional Key to set a type of alert, and 

select a ringtone. When you finish entering information, press OK to save.

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport  

0 Likes
SMW

Is there a fix for this problem?  Even went into local Verizon store.  Clerk reset alarms, removed and replaced battery while phone was on and the alarm still does not work.  I have a real need to all three alarms, reminders for medication.  What can I do?

0 Likes
larslarson
Enthusiast - Level 1

there evidentally is no fix for the alarm problem. I am on my 4th Gusto (3 reconditioned "like new" after the original) and all have had the same issues of the alarm not being reliable and also the voice mail speed dial losing the number. I contacted Verizon each time and they always told me they have no documentation of these problems with the Samsung gusto even though you can Google it and there are several complaints of both these issues. I was told after the third phone if it acted up to ask for an "alternative" phone rather than another Samsung gusto (reconditioned of course rather than new). I was informed that the warranty did not cover an alternative phone unless Verizon showed there was a problem with that particular phone in their documentations. So again, I told them to send me another (the 4th) and I already have had the alarm not go off when it was suppose to in only a couple of weeks of ownig it. Verizon does not seem to care at all about this problem. I cannot depend on the alarm either getting me up or reminding me of an important appointment. Sure doesn't seem right to be paying for something you dont' have working!!

RojCowles
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a Gusto for a while and I've found that if you set the alarms for just past the hour they seem to work better, i.e. I used to have an alarm set for 6:00 AM on my old Nokia flip phone and this setting rarely/ever worked on my Gusto so I changed the alarm time to 6:03AM instead and thats been 100% reliable (for me) plus I get an extra 3 minutes in bed :smileyhappy:

--

Roj

EarlyOut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that. As long as you stay at least three minutes away from the hour, in either direction, the alarm seems to be 100% reliable. So, 7:55 is OK, and 8:05 is OK. But 8:00 is not.

michele91
Enthusiast - Level 1

will try this - thanks

0 Likes
ferdous

I had troubles with alarms for a while, then I read it in some forum. Roj's note is absolutely correct. Just don't set alarm to the top of hour. If you need to set alarm for 6:00AM, set it rather at 5:58 or 6:02. It works. I have verified many times by now.

btw. if anyone knows how to fix these, please let me know:

1. ghost calls. 2-3 times a week, I get one call from "restricted". I pick up the call, no one talks, I end the connection. If I don't receive the call, I see missed call, and I cannot view it.

2. Gusto has serious problem with incoming phone calls. Symptoms: someone calls me, I don't get the phone ringing, but after 30-40 seconds, a missed call pops up in the phone. This is annoying.

0 Likes
Roancrow

Just wanted to add myself to the list of people having all of the above problems, in case Verizon is documenting that there is *still* a problem, more than a year after the first post.  I have a brand-new-this-summer Gusto with the correct software, I have reset and unbatteried and etc. and yet my alarm and calendar are still unreliable, as are my incoming calls.  My phone has also apparently lost its voicemail number, it comes up as "Invalid Number."  And it randomly stops texting.  Refund?

0 Likes
Airborne76

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one.  I was about ready for my Gusto to fall under a moving vehicle or be the bullseye for a .45 APC target.  I depend on my alarm and appointment calendar to keep me straight.  This is the 4th Gusto, for the same reason.  Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes