Alias II problems uploading/downloading files
EveilG

I have a Samsung Alias II and within the last 2 months have suddenly had problems downloading multimedia files (tiny pics/vids of around 30KB) onto my phone to view and I just found out today that I can't upload my pics/vids/songs to the Verizon Cloud to get them off my phone either. I get a 'failed while sending' when trying to upload and a "message receipt failed" when trying to download them. The memory card slot doesn't work so I can't use a card to get pics/songs/vids off. I really would like to save some of the pics on the phone.
I've tried to see if there are software updates for the phone (in settings menu) and it says that it doesn't have service and can't connect to Verizon's server. This phone was fine a few months ago. Anyone know the Verizon code you punch in to make it do a manual software update? I hate having to figure out a time when I can go to the local Verizon store since I don't have a vehicle, so online help would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alias II problems uploading/downloading files
Not applicable

Hello EveilG,

Thank you for reporting your issue with uploading / downloading files on your Alias II. Since this is a basic VZW phone it does not currently have the support for the VZCloud however, it does have the ability to store information on an expanded memory card. Also due to the continuous updates to technology the phone will be limited in what it can / cannot do. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the (limited) memory onboard the Alias II is maxed out and making it difficult to do things. 

• Delete all uneeded text messages, sent and received, and drafts.
  • Delete any pictures you don't need, then try to text the remaining to your email.  You'll need to do this one at a time, so it can be tedious.  Once the pic is safely on the computer, delete it from the phone.
  • After you've freed up some space, reboot the phone.  Then try to send the remaining pics to the Cloud.

Why doesn't the SD card slot work?  Try a different SD card, as saving the pics to the SD card is the simplest way to save your pics and save space on the phone itself.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello EveilG,

Thank you for reporting your issue with uploading / downloading files on your Alias II. Since this is a basic VZW phone it does not currently have the support for the VZCloud however, it does have the ability to store information on an expanded memory card. Also due to the continuous updates to technology the phone will be limited in what it can / cannot do. Hope this helps.

0 Likes