Any information on setting up the PTT on the G'zOne Ravine
whydontyoujustassigno
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was issued this phone at work. I have tried the users manual, the problem is that there is "Backup Assistant", where "New PTT Contact" is supposed to be. When I press the red side button it activates the Bluetooth stuff. How can I get PTT started? And how do I get Bluetooth off the PTT button?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any information on setting up the PTT on the G'zOne Ravine
whydontyoujustassigno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ

As it turns out I was correct. I kept telling the boss' that it was a subscription service and that was why we didn't even have "new PTT contact" & "PTT contact list" were not even options. From contact list there was no option to save that contact as a PTT contact. NOTHING. So they called HQ, HQ called Verizon and found out that it is indeed a subscription service.

Once activated it has worked just like I've been telling them it should.

Anyway, thank you for your time and response to the question.

Guess I better get back to work for these "Rocket Scientists." LOL

Mike N

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your user manual says:

In PTT Mode, press to access the PTT Contact List or press and hold to make a PTT Call. When not in PTT Mode, press to access the selected shortcut application.

So my guess would be that you activate PTT mode and THEN use the red side key.  To activate PTT mode:

1. From idle mode, press the Center Select Key [MENU ], select Settings & Tools, then press the Center Select Key [OK]. Press PTT Settings,  PTT Mode.

2. Select On or Off, then press the Center Select Key [OK]

I don't know that you can get Bluetooth off the button - you can set a different shortcut when NOT in PTT mode.  The red side key should work as expected if you are in PTT mode.

whydontyoujustassigno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ

As it turns out I was correct. I kept telling the boss' that it was a subscription service and that was why we didn't even have "new PTT contact" & "PTT contact list" were not even options. From contact list there was no option to save that contact as a PTT contact. NOTHING. So they called HQ, HQ called Verizon and found out that it is indeed a subscription service.

Once activated it has worked just like I've been telling them it should.

Mike N

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

whydontyoujustassignone wrote:

Thanks SuzyQ

As it turns out I was correct. I kept telling the boss' that it was a subscription service and that was why we didn't even have "new PTT contact" & "PTT contact list" were not even options. Aha - you didn't mention that you weren't subscribed, or that you had a suspicion that you weren't subscribed.  I wrongly assumed you were and yet were unable to find the options.  Thanks for clearing that up. From contact list there was no option to save that contact as a PTT contact. NOTHING. So they called HQ, HQ called Verizon and found out that it is indeed a subscription service.

Once activated it has worked just like I've been telling them it should.  Well, then that's good, right?  Smiley Happy

Mike N

0 Likes