Re: Anyone else furious about the $30 upgrade charge?
jbradleya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more.  I wonder when the federal government will start looking into this as anti-trust?    It seems like every month they find some way to tack on additional charges.  When I called to complain about the $30 renewal fee (x 5 lines = $150), and was told it's just a one time fee.  When I suggested changing carriers I was reminded about the early termination fees.  When I said I would wait 3 more months, and avoid those fees I got "Do you think your existing phones will last that long?"  What is that about?  I could make a car payment with what I pay these guys monthly, and this is how I am treated????????  Angry doesn't even begin to describe it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jbradleya wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  I wonder when the federal government will start looking into this as anti-trust?    It seems like every month they find some way to tack on additional charges.  When I called to complain about the $30 renewal fee (x 5 lines = $150), and was told it's just a one time fee.  When I suggested changing carriers I was reminded about the early termination fees.  When I said I would wait 3 more months, and avoid those fees I got "Do you think your existing phones will last that long?"  What is that about?  I could make a car payment with what I pay these guys monthly, and this is how I am treated????????  Angry doesn't even begin to describe it.

So you complained that your $600 phones might cost $230 instead of $200. Um ok. Totally legit complaint. And it's an upgrade fee not a renewal fee. You only get charged when you take a discounted upgrade.

0 Likes
Michael2162

Absolutely, questions what is there to do about it- Well there has been in the past a petition of sorts when BOA and these other corp. giants added fees to bank transactions to increase their bottom line- So we have over 2000 views, lets get 50,000 or more and let verizon that we will terminate our agreement and encourage others to do it.

So what do you think?

Oh and for Verizon screeners this post will be copied and saved if any action is initiated, since this is controlled by you and you do want to know what your customers think 🙂

Posted 9/4/2012

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Michael2162 wrote:

So what do you think?

Posted 9/4/2012

It's a waste of time.

Posted 4/9/2012

0 Likes
darmstrong

It would seem to me that being a longtime customer of verizon would mean something to Verizon.But apparantly it does not. When I brought up the fact that other cellphone carriers were offering free phones to get our business, our verizon rep simply said, I GUESS THEY WANY YOUR BUSINESS. It appears Verizon doesnot. Being an establihed customer it would not take much, but for verizon I guess they just think we will be around forever. The company shows a discount price on a phone of $50. dollars, then they take it right back in their $30.00 upgrade fee. To add insult to injury they get their upgrade fee upfront and we have to wait 6 weeks for our $50.00 phone discount. You guys best wake up now or join sprint when you have no customers, because keeping customers should be important

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

darmstrong wrote:

When I brought up the fact that other cellphone carriers were offering free phones to get our business, our verizon rep simply said, I GUESS THEY WANY YOUR BUSINESS.

They are calling your bluff. Either you're bluffing and you'll stay or you're not and you'll leave. Time to show your cards and either leave or stay. They're gambling that most won't leave and others will join us in the game.

0 Likes
ralph17ny

ralph17ny, don't go to anyone else,you'll pay more

0 Likes
Michael2162

Who cares aboout other carriers- go month to month with them, Little difference except there is not taxes and fees tacked on. Also you can drop your plan with verizon to a bare minimum- Everyone thinks it cant be done because we have become so apathetic, yes really. We get fed all the crap of the corporate giant and just take it. Thats why we pay almost $4 for gas and keep paying and the oil moguls get richer. Can the take everyone to court-no. About 200 yrs ago these batch of guys had a great idea in Boston, the said we are tired of bending over and taking it and we are going to let your PRODUCT go for a swim. I think something good came of it. Stop listening to the (deleted to comply with ToS). Flood them with phone call, spam their emails over burden them till they give. If every customer from verizon, or just half sent a email per day- how busy do you think they would be, what if customers called, what if the sent snail mail, what if evferyone who had insurance palns used it because asll of them had a $30 glitch in them and they had to be returned, but were unrepairable when received- thats alot of down time and cash- think outside the box.    

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Let's do that with every company as well as the government and everything will be free, along with that lunch.

0 Likes
jbradleya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with you. I have a smart phone because it is cool....not because I need it. I may go to a track phone with another carrier to see if I really miss it.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes