Anyone having trouble receiving group texts
shows123

I am unable to receive group texts. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if something in the new IOS8 update is making this a problem for me. Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having trouble receiving group texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange, shows123! Do you get an error message, or do they just not come in? Are you able to access the internet on your device?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shows123

No Internet Smiley Happy  I'm trying to save money and make it to the end of my contract before upgrading. The message, if I receive a message says do you want to download I say yes, and my phone can't do it. Maybe my phone is incompatible. I will do some more testing. Thanks for your thoughts!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Shows123,

Thanks for the details! Is the device connected to Wi-fi? If so, please disconnect the wifi and try to access the group messages.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
hosscpo

My wife and I are having the same problems.  We both have Samsung Brightside basic phones.  When someone sends us a group text, we are unable to download it.  It started happening about a week or so ago.

0 Likes
shows123

PamelaF

I do not have internet on my phone nor is it wi-fi capable. I literally have a basic phone that calls and receives texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shows123, that's a very important clue! You may will have an issue with retrieving group messages that are multi-media, music, grahics or videos as that device does not have the capability.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes