Are the people at Verizon insane?
misserma
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I had a billing problem.  I was essentially being billed a month in advance through auto pay.  I contacted a Verizon Wireless representative on October 1st through their chat line, and they promised to fix my problem.  And while doing it, they offered me an "upgrade" -- for the same $35 a month I was already paying, I could get unlimited call minutes.  Naturally I agreed.  What the representative did not tell me was that the "upgrade" was only for calls within the US.  While the whole point for me to have a Verizon Wireless account was to call my son in Canada.  Which, I discovered today I could no longer do.  And after 2 hours on the chat line with another Verizon representative (who was only marginally literate in English), I learned that I had unwittingly been led to sacrifice the only feature of my previous arrangement that I used -- calling Canada.  And it couldn't be restored.  They did offer me, as a "one time courtesy" a month worth of free calls to Canada. After which I will need to pay $45 a month instead of the previous $35 a month to be able to call Canada -- all thanks to the Verizon rep who offered me the "upgrade."  Naturally I will spend the next month looking for another wireless provider.  So my question -- is Verizon so insane that it thinks this will help them retain subscribers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are the people at Verizon insane?
Snn5
Legend

The first rep may have not known about your calling Canada when they offered the upgrade.

misserma
Enthusiast - Level 2

But that's their job -- when they offer an "upgrade" it should not materially damage the interests of the customers they are supposed to be serving.  If Verizon doesn't have a protocol to guide their representatives in determining whether that's the case, they are insane.  Because, as I said, I'm looking for other wireless providers.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It isn't the rep's job to know all the ways you use your phone, only to anticipate that most customers like saving money and gaining features.  However,  it is also important that the customer tell the rep what they like about their plan before just taking a change sight-unseen.

misserma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uh, excuse me Verizon corporate shill, but if someone offers me "an

upgrade" I naive enough to think it's going to make my position better

rather than worse. If the rep had asked me how I used my plan, before

offering the "upgrade" we could have arrived at a better understanding,

i.e. the "upgrade" made my life worse, not better. But he didn't. Which

is why I'm looking for another wireless provider. Why is that difficult to

understand?

SimplySweetFace
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ask the VZW rep if it covered international calls? If I were making international calls and was offered an upgrade/change in my plan. I would most definitely verify that the calls I make the most are covered in the new plan.

Snn5
Legend

misserma wrote:

Uh, excuse me Verizon corporate  shill,

Don't blame me for you're lack of understanding.

Snn5
Legend

misserma wrote:

Uh, excuse me Verizon corporate  shill,

Don't blame me for you're lack of understanding.

0 Likes
misserma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another corporate shill. Paid? A Verizon rep offering an "upgrade" should

determine if the upgrade actually upgrades a customer's service. It

doesn't matter, dear corporate shill -- in a free market, I'll just look

for another wireless provider.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM, SimplySweetFace <forums@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

At least admit you could have asked one very simple question rather than assuming the rep looked into your account in depth and noticed how many Canadian calls you made and received.  Just seems like common sense to check on things important to you.  The rep very likely thought he was doing you a favor.