BEWARE verizon will not give you a compatable phone
ouhpocmm

BEWARE verizon will not provide a comparable phone if your phone is no longer in production.  I have an enVtouch.  Verizon wanted to provide a flip phone and would not provide a comparable phone with touch screen and slide texting.  I am aware the one comparable phone with touch screen and slide texting  is the LG extravert 2.  First call i made said go to store.  Go to store could not offer LG extravert2 told to call.  Called quess what, they don't have the LG extravert 2 in  to offer me also with no time frame.  Said they could give me another phone which is not comparable to my present phone even though I have been paying for the extended warranty and insurance since I purchased this phone.  Asurion will provide a phone that is comparable with a 49 deductible.  Why should i go through Asurion and pay when it does not fall under their insurance they would have to say it is cracked, lost etc.. Sorry only place I could find to complain or rate at this time.  I will contact the Better Business Bureo.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BEWARE verizon will not give you a compatable phone
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The LG Extravert 2 is the closest device in the lineup with the touch screen and QWERTY keyboard.

However, VZW only has limited availability on replacement devices so this one may not be available. They will not provide you with a brand new phone for free. You can take it on a new contact for 99 cents plus the $40 upgrade fee if you want a brand new phone. Since your phone is so old you are limited by 2 factors. What phones the manufacturers are providing to VZW for warranty replacements and what phones VZW has in stock for warranty replacements. If you don't like those options you always have the ability to buy on Ebay or Swappa.

I can't imagine that upgrading to a smartphone on Edge with a single line plan would be much more than what you're currently paying.

If you are on the lowest single like plan you are most likely paying around $60 for 450 minutes and unlimited text and insurance is probably $8. That is $68. You can get the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime for $7 a month with a 1GB data plan (unlimited talk and text) for $45. That is $52 plus insurance it $11. That is $63. You might want to check into other options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why would you pay for insurance and a phone that was released 6 years ago? Or for any basic phone for that matter? The Extravert 2 is $110 full price. You have no case with the BBB. Very few basic phones are being made you choices are going to be limited. The Extravert 2 was released in April 2014. I'm pretty sure it's not longer even being made.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's wrong with your device that you need it replaced? What flip phone did they offer?

0 Likes
ouhpocmm

I have a LG enVTouch.  They offered Samsung Convoy 3, Samsung Gusto 2, LG revere, LG Cosmos 3?.  I believe maybe another.  LG Cosmos has slide out texting but does not have touch screen, the camera is of a lower quality.   If I go through Asurion the phones they offer are LG Enact, LG Lucid 2, and LG extravert 2.  But i would have to pay deductible which I should not have to pay as it is a system failure.  Yes, I know it is an old phone and manufacturers are not making these any longer.  Yes crazy to pay insurance, but was hoping they would honor their warranties.  I do not want a smartphone for which I would not fully utilize and have to pay extra monthly charges.  I am trying to keep my monthly costs down as I am helping family members with their bills.  Yes, i know I could have saved the money by not paying insurance.  I believed I would receive as stated in the warranty and service contract;  a replacement of like kind, quality, and functionality whether new, refurbished or remanufactured. At least Asurion honors that agreement with a deductible.  I even went to the store and the representative looked at the phone and said it was a warranty issue that Verizon Wireless would handle. 

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE  verizon will not give you a compatable phone
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What sort of system failure are you experiencing? Does the phone have any damage to it; dents, cracks?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Warranties are 1 year for "system failures"  you're 5 years past that. And yes it's crazy to have a insurance on a basic phone. And crazier to have it for 6 years. You have to pay a deductible because the insurance requires it. This was made known to you when signed up for it.  Your car insurance has a deductible your health insurance has one. I don't know of any insurance that doesn't. Your "service contract" would have ended years ago as contacts are only 2 years in length. As I said the Extravert 2 is $110 full price I suggest ponying up the cash if you really want it before they run out of them. Verizon is not in the wrong here. Also any phone you would get from Version or Asurion would be refurbished and not new. I suggest buying the phone outright and drop the insurance. It's pointless for basic phones.

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE  verizon will not give you a compatable phone
Snn5
Legend

If you are trying to control expenses, you need to be in prepaid.  However, Verizon is not the place to save a lot of money, especially if you are a basic user.  Are you paying more than $30 a month?

0 Likes
ouhpocmm

When purchasing the Asurion warranty it also extends the phone's warranty under verizon.  So my warranty does not expire when having the asurion coverage.  This was also verified by verizon wireless representative.  I took to the verizon wireless store and they inspected the phone and said my issues would be covered under the verizon warranty as there is to cracks and splits and the hinges are not boken etc.  If I wanted to be forced into a smartphone and pay for data and other services a smartphone provides which i would not utilize i wouldn't have purchased the warranty.  I assumed (wrong) that the warranty would be upheld.  At least Asurion stands by their warranty.  I'll try calling verizon wireless one more time.  Since verizon wireless confirmed my warranty coverage,  they are in the wrong and you are misinformed. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The LG Extravert 2 is the closest device in the lineup with the touch screen and QWERTY keyboard.

However, VZW only has limited availability on replacement devices so this one may not be available. They will not provide you with a brand new phone for free. You can take it on a new contact for 99 cents plus the $40 upgrade fee if you want a brand new phone. Since your phone is so old you are limited by 2 factors. What phones the manufacturers are providing to VZW for warranty replacements and what phones VZW has in stock for warranty replacements. If you don't like those options you always have the ability to buy on Ebay or Swappa.

I can't imagine that upgrading to a smartphone on Edge with a single line plan would be much more than what you're currently paying.

If you are on the lowest single like plan you are most likely paying around $60 for 450 minutes and unlimited text and insurance is probably $8. That is $68. You can get the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime for $7 a month with a 1GB data plan (unlimited talk and text) for $45. That is $52 plus insurance it $11. That is $63. You might want to check into other options.

0 Likes