Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Backup Assistant Plus stopped working for my Samsung Convoy 3? Error code 216, Then 308!
SBASSHND

I'm not sure that I can "move to the cloud," as my flip phone is so old?? I just followed the instructions and checked: it's not available from the App Store for my phone model. (Don't want to upgrade to a smartphone; staying "dumb" for as long as I possibly can.)

Tier II phone support has been engaged--we'll see where this takes me . . . The first repr. had me *73738# send when she meant to have me in the "About" menu of BAP, according to Tier II technical support. (Apparently this "resets" the app.)

Now I'm getting a 308 Error code, as I thought this time it was going to go through, BUT I accidentally cancelled the backup. Turns out that it's showing now I've NEVER backed up before, with last attempt failing (glad it reverted back online, as it was looking like it wiped out my previous backup and was previously showing only 105 of 1,002 backed up, pending 897).

It actually appears that I have no Internet connection, which I never use on my "smart" dumb phone; that hasn't been a problem in the past with contact backups, and I hadn't changed anything. The good thing now is that now I can remember the programming dial numbers: *228 Send!" (Haven't had to do that for a decade or so when cell towers used to go out here from windstorms!!)

I may have had previous representatives block inadvertent Internet access from accidentally connecting through the account when I didn't have data plan way back in the past (decades ago), but they cannot find it (not on airplane mode, nor not allowed anywhere on the phone, and no way to delete the Internet and redownload to start over, per tech.), and therefore a ticket will be submitted and Network Department will contact to ensure that my phone is still compatible or something else is wrong on the back end that she cannot see.

Technician did state that there were changes on the network last month that could've made my phone incompatible, BUT I kindly explained that the Backup Assistant Plus stopped working nine days ago around the 19th of January, NOT last month; why would it suddenly stop backing up when it was working before??? (The only thing that changed, and only the first Tier rep. knows this, is the fact that I could not longer add new contacts, only updating existing, as my "memory" filled up about 10 days ago.)

I had even mentioned to the first Tier I level rep. that I COULD see if I can add a SIM card or memory stick to this old phone in order to increase memory, because I could not longer add new contacts, only updating existing, as my "contact memory" filled up about 10 days ago. Regardless, the N/W Dept. will call back in less than 2-3 business days letting me know what computer fix was necessary on the network and to ensure BAP tests as working once again!!!

~<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus stopped working for my Samsung Convoy 3? Error code 216, Then 308!
boringusername

Well if you want to stay on a basic phone then you'll eventually to get a new one with LTE  since CDMA only phones lie yours will stop working on Verizon's network as of Dec 31 2019. And you won't even be able to activate any new CDMA only devices as of July 1st this year. And these new LTE phones cost as much as a cheap smartphone and will require a data plan anyway,

0 Likes