Backup Assistant Problems w/ LG Octane
steph96_2000

I lost my original LG Octane phone last week.  My husband had the same model phone that he was not using (upgraded recently).  I'm attempting to Uninstall Backup Assistant so that I can reinstall MY Backup Assistant info.  I can remove the application, but when I go back into Browse&Download then to Get New Applications then to Business Tools/Information, the Backup Assistant is not available to download.  I've tried turning the phone off and then back on.  When I do that, Backup Assistant reappears on the phone.  It will not allow my info to sync b/c it says the phone # has changed and the PIN is incorrect.  Any suggestions or do I just need to visit the VZW store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Problems w/ LG Octane
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you given an option to change the PIN or request a new PIN? On the screen where you enter the PIN, is there a "forgot my PIN" or "set new PIN" - one of the choices is to enter the # to do so, then # again to enter a new PIN. Enter the same PIN for the new as you used for your previous phone.

If that doesn't work, then a visit to the store to see what they can work out may be the next step. Good luck!
0 Likes