Re: Backup Assistant Scheduling
bat123

I have the same complaint about backup assistant.  I would delete the application if I could find out how.  No matter when you have the schedule set for, it will not run until you unlock the phone.

0 Likes
thetalkingmule

I have the same issue and there seems to be no solution from what I can tell.  Of course verizon could simply modify the software, but why on Earth would they care about what the customer wants?  I suggest you people shut your mouths and get back to consuming!

0 Likes
Section8

Im having Issues with this backup assistant also going off like 24/7 just about everytime I pick up my phone its trying to connect doesn't seem to be able to be able to though and always fails unless I manually do it. My biggest issue though is it wont even let me set the schedule. Just started fiddling with it today finally got fed up with always having to press cancel, cancel, cancel when I needed to call or answer the phone. I go into backupassistant > options > set schedule > hit late night and nothing my scedule is still set up for a all day event as far as I can tell. Unless there simply is no confirmation of what schedule you selected like a check by it or something. But I agree with others here this app is poorly coded they could have at least made it a bit more user friendly like a on/off switch or like it my case a way to at least set your own schedule. About to take it back to the store and see if they put some kind of lock on it to keep me from being able to set it however I've read posts on other forums with the same issue as mine and just like some have commented in this forum after several long customer service calls with no answer to the problem and a couple trips back to the store were they had no clue as to the problem. Thinking it might be a wasted trip. I personally hate verizon always have always will unfortunatly kinda jobless atm and going back to college so I ended up under someone elses plan for the time being and beggers can't be choosers I guess.

0 Likes
jazzy0213
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. Start Backup Assistant

2. Select "Options"

3. Select "About"

4. Enter *73738#  *reset#

(note: it won't appear anywhere on the phone's screen when you type it)

5. Exit Backup Assistant  (it may flash and auto exit)

You will have to re  enter pin and setup  backup assistant again for it to work.

If it still gives you trouble, do this through the main application.

retiree2011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done this on my LG Extravert VN271, and it works! If I go to "apps" now and choose it, it wants me to set it up for the first time. The continuous checking for changes in contacts automatically from my phone was keeping me from getting text messages as soon as they were received. Thanks "jazzy0213"?

0 Likes
jazzy0213
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your Welcome!

I am glad you were able to give Backup Assistant the boot from your daily life.

Mine was hanging so bad, my phone would be dead in the morning.

Because it did not complete its check, it was coming on during the day.

Verizon was then charging me data charges.

Even with a Data block, It specifies that Backup Assistant

will still let Data through. 

Feel free to give my assistance a thumbs up so as others may take extra notice.

I use to have an LG VX8300.

I have not found a basic phone that I "love",

as much as i loved that phone.

The functions are more limited since,

the camera is worse since,

and the applications do not function well.

dorice
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Jazzy!  It's a relief - esp. after reading all previous posts.

0 Likes
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

4. Enter *73738#  *reset#

I am a little confused -  do I type the word "reset"?   

0 Likes
fathpycat
Enthusiast - Level 1

No just *73738#  it happens to spell reset

0 Likes