Backup Assistant - can't save 2nd phone line Contact info
NVDon

Thought I had posted this question earlier this evening but I don't see it anywhere on the forum. Sorry if it's a duplicate...

I have two basic cell-phones (line #1 - Motorola MOTO W755, line #2 - Samsung Trance). I have successfully backed-up the contact list on line #1 but have been unable to figure out how to select the second phone and backup its contact information.

Is this not possible? If it is, what am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - can't save 2nd phone line Contact info
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

It sounds like you are doing this online, if so you need to create a My Verizon account for the second line to maintain the contacts online.

0 Likes
NVDon

That was it. I created a new account for my second phone and was able to immediately get an on-line backup without any problems.

I guess it doesn't make any sense to me to have an account that lists all line #'s but doesn't allow you to individually select them so you back them up easily and simply from that one account. Way too much user effort.

I'm upgrading to two new S III's shorltly and wanted to make sure I had everything backed-up and ready to go when they arrive.

Thanks for the help - it was spot on!!!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

np. I think it's setup this way so the user of the 2nd line doesn't need access to the main account to maintain their contacts.

0 Likes