Backup Assistant
PEDundas

Backup Assistant - How can I use to alphbetize by last name on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How contacts are stored on your phone is a function of the phone; which phone do you have?

0 Likes
PEDundas

LG Cosmos 2

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not seeing a way to change the sort order in the manual (not all phones let you change it):

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/lg_cosmos_2/cosmos2_manual.pdf

0 Likes
PEDundas

Thanks for looking. The Backup Assistant directory lets you alphbetize by last name but transfers to the phone alphbetized by first name with apparently no way to otherwise sort. Thanks again.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As tikibar said, not all phones will alphabetize the way you'd like; sorting by first or last or a nickname is not an option.  If your phone sorts by First Name, you *could* swap and put your contact's last name in the first name spot, and vice versa.  So your phone would be showing you the contacts sorted by last name.  Granted, this will be confusing, and when it comes time to transfer to another phone, you may have to swap them all back....

Is it worth the effort to change the way you enter them, to have them sorted by last name on the phone (forcing the sort by putting the last name in the first name field)?  Or can you live with the first name sort order?

PEDundas
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your last reply was blank. Please try again to post or use a different method to post here on the Verizon Wireless community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes