Basic Phone Hand-Down
stephenmills

okay, so I really want the Galaxy S4 and I have a basic phone at the moment. i was thinking i would hand it down to my little brother and then buy the smartphone. with that, would the galaxy S4 cost the price of $250 with mail in rebate? is there a fee for adding it to a family plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic Phone Hand-Down
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on a family plan now?  If you are, is your line eligible for an upgrade?  To find out, call #UPG (#874) and you will receive a text message (free) with your upgrade date.

If eligible, you can get the Galaxy S4 for the 2-yr discount price, and sign a contract agreeing to service on your line for 2 years.  There is a $30 upgrade fee in addition to the cost of the phone.  And your numbers are correct as of today, $249.99 with a $50 mail in rebate.  Your upfront cost would be $249.99 + taxes + $30 upgrade.

If you are currently on a family plan, you would just swap it out with your current phone - and you can pass the basic phone to your brother.  Since you have a basic phone now, you would also be adding a data plan of $30 a month for the S4 for 2GB data.

0 Likes