Basic Phone and Data Charges
Debbie54
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my phones is a basic cell phone which has unlimited talk and text.  Every month my daughter receives and sends picture text messages with no problem.  Lately, I have been getting billed around $10 per month for data.  She does not buy ringtones or go on the internet.  I called verizon but did not understand tneir answer.  Does anyone know what these charges would be for since she just has a basic phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic Phone and Data Charges
Not applicable

basic phones can use data. basic phones have browsers and she could be accidently turning it on. Seems like you have an old nationwide plan. In which case data is $1.99 per MB without a data plan. Assuming you're on the old nationwide plan you can block data on that phone via My Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Basic Phone and Data Charges
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is her phone part of a More Everything plan, and there are other phones (smartphones) on the account that share a data pool?  What does Verizon say the $10 is for?  Is there a line item on the bill for the $10?

A few more details about what the plan is, (unlimited minutes and texting sounds like More Everything, not the Nationwide plan) and other phones on the plan, and what Verizon said that you don't understand would all help us to help you.

0 Likes