Best Basic Phone w/ Qwerty Keyboard and/or Touchscreen
deeplist

My wife is currently using the Convoy and she's grown tired of not having a full keyboard for texting and having to push the same key 3 times to get the desired letter (like we did in the old days) and she wants to upgrade. She does not have a data package on her line because she's a stay-at-home mom and we have Internet at the house. Adding data to her line isn't justifiable at this time, so we want to keep her line with just a basic phone. She wants something with a full qwerty keyboard and/or touchscreen. A decent camera would be desirable also since she takes a lot of pictures and sends them to friends and family. I'll be buying the phone from a third party (eBay) and activating it on her line so we don't deal with signing a new contract and all that nonsense by upgrading through Verizon. Anybody have any good suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Best Basic Phone w/ Qwerty Keyboard and/or Touchscreen
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I loved the LG env3.  It can be activated on a post-paid account without a data plan (you may be asked to choose a data plan if activating on-line, but once the phone is activated, you should be able to call Customer Service, have them remove the data plan, then put a data block on the phone).

0 Likes
deeplist

^ Thanks for the suggestion, Tikibar1, I'll look into that phone.

Also, I probably should have mentioned, although it may not matter since it's pretty much standard now... threaded style text messaging would be a plus.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The env3 is an older, discontinued phone, but it can display threaded messaging.

0 Likes