Block Foreign Number!
HERSHEY_Sgrl

Whoever it is started calling me late at night, and now they're randomly calling all the time. I ignore them and when they go to voice mail, I hear shuffling, a foreign language, and children running around. Whoever it is has no idea he/she is calling me; it's driving me crazy and I need to leave my phone on during the night for work. Please tell me there's a way to block numbers that are more than 10 digits! PLEASE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block Foreign Number!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there HERSHEY'Sgrl!

Wow! I can certainly understand how frustrating calls in the middle of the night can be! Not to worry! We have options for you! We can make those pesky calls stop and make sure that you get a good nights rest.

We have what is called Usage Controls. You can find information about them at www.vzw.com/usagecontrols. It's super handy to not only block numbers, but also calls coming from private or restricted callers. It is at a cost of $4.99 per month, but the first month is free! You are able to block international numbers from here!

You do have another option, though, I am not sure it's it's the best for you. You can always change your number free of charge due to the calls. Just log online or call us up and make the change.

Overall, I would suggest to try out Usage Controls for the first month and see if it does what you need it to do. I believe that it will! Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tritip

Verizion should offer a way to block international calls & text messaging WITHOUT having to pay an additional fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, on other carriers you have to pay a fee to block even one domestic phone number.

The fact that Verizon Wireless allows customers to block up to five numbers for 90 days free of charge is better than some carriers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Check your phone settings.  My phone allows me to set it to only receives calls from people in my address book if I want.  Mary

0 Likes