Bring back good low-feature phones!
dagcoag

The phones NOT requiring data packages are few and their quality is declining.  Bring back a good basic phone!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bring back good low-feature phones!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dagcoag wrote:

The phones NOT requiring data packages are few and their quality is declining.  Bring back a good basic phone!!!!!!

I hear that the Samsung Intensity is a pretty decent phone. Might want to consider looking into that if you are getting a new device. You can still get an older keyboard phone that doesn't require a data plan. See THIS THREAD

NattyB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with dagcoag and you.  I just need a phone for calls and texts. It's sad that such an amazing device as a cell phone has turned an industry into a circus.  I like Verizon for it's coverage but it appears they don't care about that.  The competition between the cell companies are all they care about.  I never imagined my 'old fashioned' cell phone would be phase out for the smartphones.  I originally got a cell phone about 1998???  It was for emergencies as we live in a fairly rural area without any roadside help for miles. When they came out with the keyboard phones I was elated. I could text my child and not worry so much about her. I still have my EnV  the first one. I love it. I've bought replacement batteries on the internet for it. and now i'm going to find another basic phone the same way. Hopefully Verizon will 'allow' me to use it.

Oh. and by the way mysteriously your LINK has been eliminated.  Can you give out the web address?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry not going to happen. Last new basic phone Verizon sells came out in Nov 2011. When I check the website I see 8 basic phones. That's down from 9 a few weeks back and 10 a few months back. Verizon doesn't make phones the manufacturers do I haven't heard any news on any major manufacturer coming out with new basic phones for any of the major carriers. Verizon will probably offer basic phones until they run out of stock then stop offering them. I give it less than 2 years. Mid 2014 wouldn't shock me.

0 Likes