Can I run the Ring video doorbell app on my LG Extravert?
bhutchins

Seems I am unable to search for apps other than what is on this phone. Can it run the Ring app? Hopefully I didn't just blow $100 on a Ring Video Doorbell for nothing,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I run the Ring video doorbell app on my LG Extravert?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the web site, the app is available for Apple, Mac, Android, and Windows.

Download the Ring App for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows 10 | Ring

So while you can't access it via your phone, you could download the app to a computer.

0 Likes
bhutchins

Thanks for the response!

I have already downloaded the Ring app to my desktop PC, which did not function. I contacted Ring tech help, and they advised me that in order for the Ring app to function on a PC, it must first be installed the phone, and then the phone must offer permission to the PC for the PC-installed app to work.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You need a smartphone not a basic phone. And that phone will no longer function after Dec 31 2019 anyway so you might as well upgrade.

0 Likes
bhutchins

boring user -

Thanks for the reply. I just went out and purchased a new Samsung tablet and was not only able to get the Ring app running fine on it, but it also allowed me to get it running on both desktop PC's in the house.

I'll upgrade to a smartphone next year. I was holding out as long as I could just to have a bit of old school privacy for a few more years of my life.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes