Can I still opt in/out of text messages?
cellphones3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to be able to opt in/out of receiving text messages via my online account. Can I still do that? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Can I still opt in/out of text messages?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes

0 Likes
cellphones3
Enthusiast - Level 2

@deloused wrote:

Yes

Thank you but can you please tell me how to view that page? I haven't been able to find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the community, cellphones3. 

I understand you want to be able to opt out of receiving text messages, and your wish is our command. Can you clarify if you want to opt out of texts altogether, or do you want to opt out of texts from Verizon?  I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as you in order to properly assist you. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
cellphones3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. My online account says my plan is NATIONWIDE TALK/TEXT UNLIMITED and Messages are Pay per Message Sent/Received ($0.20 Text, $0.25 Picture/Video). I do receive text messages from Verizon which is OK but I cannot receive text messages from anyone else. I used to be able to opt in/out of receiving text messages via my online account but I cannot find this option any more. I remember opting out online some years ago because I had recieved texts from people I did not know and did want to continue to be charged for those unwanted messages. I would like to know if I can opt in to receive text messages from others myself if I decide to? Also, can I allow only specific senders to send me text messages? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can block text messages,however, you are not able to allow texts from particular senders.-BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
cellphones3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I still would like to know exactly how I unblock text messages?

0 Likes