Can I use my Samsung u430 phone in Spain?
sally_m

I have a Samsung flip phone.  I am not sure what the model is, but in a menu within the phone I found this: "H/W V. U430.06".  I am trying to find out whether or not I will be able to use this phone in Spain.  I used the trip planner function on the Verizon/global website and received information that appeared contradictory to me.  It said "The SCH-u430 will not work for one or more of the selected countries or services. Here are your options:"  and then it proceeded to give me the rates for voice, data and text.  Do these rates imply that my phone would work?  Or are they giving me the rates I would pay if I upgrade to a phone that will work?

I have heard of other users (of other phones) buyng a Spanish SIM card once they get to Spain, but they say that one's phone has to be unlocked.  MIght this work for me?  And how can I tell if my phone is unlocked? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my Samsung u430 phone in Spain?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Sally_m!

How exciting it must me to be going to Spain!  I hear it's quite lovely. I will be delighted to cover the details regarding your international travels and your phone functions.

The Samsung u430 is not a GSM global phone. It can work in places around the world that have CDMA services as we have here in the US. If you're traveling less than 3 weeks we have a Global Loaner Program that may work for you!

Check it out: http://bit.ly/SmDnVg

If you have any other questions please let us know! Enjoy your trip and please stay safe.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Re: Can I use my Samsung u430 phone in Spain?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Sally_m!

How exciting it must me to be going to Spain!  I hear it's quite lovely. I will be delighted to cover the details regarding your international travels and your phone functions.

The Samsung u430 is not a GSM global phone. It can work in places around the world that have CDMA services as we have here in the US. If you're traveling less than 3 weeks we have a Global Loaner Program that may work for you!

Check it out: http://bit.ly/SmDnVg

If you have any other questions please let us know! Enjoy your trip and please stay safe.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport