Can a LG revere 3 phone lock keys when closed?
Stanton_11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

My name is Stan.  I'm the type of guy who wears pants with pockets (you know the type).  I don't have a holster for my phone on my belt or my ankle, nor do I carry a purse to store my cell phone.  I keep my cell phone in my front left pants pocket.  That's why I like a flip phone, such as the LG Revere 3, because it is compact and will fit in my pocket. But, based on experience using other flip phones, sometimes the phone will 'wake up' and take photos of the inside of my pocket (which are just dark images) or dial persons who I wasn't ready to talk with.  Is there a way to have the LG Revere 3 phone deactivate the keypad or side keys when closed? Does anyone know if the Revere 3 keypad and side keys are disabled when closed?

I want this feature so I can keep the phone in my pocket while turned on, not have it make calls or take photos, but be able to receive calls.  My Samsung Gusto 2 has a feature to 'lock side keys on flip closed'.  It's not 100%, but nearly deactivates the side keys and keypad when closed.  I'm thinking the LG Revere 3 has a similar feature. 

It would be very helpful to know this information before buying the phone.  I called the LG Mobile Customer Service number, but this question is not one they can readily answer.   Maybe this type of question is too rudimentary, but I never expected a flip phone to make calls and take photos while closed in my pocket - I can't see a use for that feature.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can a LG revere 3 phone lock keys when closed?
Stanton_11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  I figured out the answer to my question.  As I suspected, it was rudimentary in that locking the phone (via the security feature menu) will allow incoming calls but prevents any other actions without entering the security code.  That feature will meet my needs and prevent pocket calling and pocket photos.

I figured that out through trial and error; using another phone to call my cell phone allowed me to decipher exactly how the lock phone feature works.  I tend to read the manual and expect the information to be there, which I am learning is not the best approach with cell phones.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stanton_11,
Appreciation of the flip phones is the best. However,  I can see how this can become frustrating. I can’t image having a lot of blank pictures would become redundant.  I have reviewed the manual for the LG Revere 3. I regret to say neither one had any information on how the side keys can become disabled. It appears this is not an option on this device.  You can also review the manual online at the following link. http://bit.ly/1N1YcPl

VeronicaM_VZW
FollowVeronicaMiVZWr @VZWSupport
If my resVZWSupportered your question please click the �Correct Answer� but�CorrectrAnswer�ponse. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stanton_11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  I figured out the answer to my question.  As I suspected, it was rudimentary in that locking the phone (via the security feature menu) will allow incoming calls but prevents any other actions without entering the security code.  That feature will meet my needs and prevent pocket calling and pocket photos.

I figured that out through trial and error; using another phone to call my cell phone allowed me to decipher exactly how the lock phone feature works.  I tend to read the manual and expect the information to be there, which I am learning is not the best approach with cell phones.