Can ringtones be transferred from an old device to a new one?
anne46307
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have two ringtones that I purchased from Verizon.  Getting a new phone and would like to keep my ringtones and not have to purchase them again.  Seems like once I've paid for the ringtone I should be able to keep it and move it when I change phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can ringtones be transferred form one phone to a new one?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your inquiry anne46307, and I'll be happy to help with your options. When you upgrade to a new phone, new ringtones would need to be purchased. They are intended for the original phone only. You can use My Media Retrieval for an easy process to find the ringtones you previously had and send them to the new phone.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your inquiry anne46307, and I'll be happy to help with your options. When you upgrade to a new phone, new ringtones would need to be purchased. They are intended for the original phone only. You can use My Media Retrieval for an easy process to find the ringtones you previously had and send them to the new phone.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Junie51Sanders

That's a joke on us  - where do you find My Media Retrieval?  I have talked with both support and tech support services.  Tech services was to help with this (we received a confirmation they were working on it) but they dropped the ball on us. What happened to Verizon Tones?  That app won't allow us to purchase our RINGTONE (only) again because it is saying we already own the RINGBACK tone - which we never have purchased!  How much sense does that make???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Junie51Sanders wrote:

That's a joke on us  - where do you find My Media Retrieval?  I have talked with both support and tech support services.  Tech services was to help with this (we received a confirmation they were working on it) but they dropped the ball on us. What happened to Verizon Tones?  That app won't allow us to purchase our RINGTONE (only) again because it is saying we already own the RINGBACK tone - which we never have purchased!  How much sense does that make???

Do you realize you responded to a thread from 2014? The options available in 2014 may not be available now in 2019. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes