Can't Receive Calls But Can Make Calls & Send Texts
shacoria
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hello. I have recently switched over from T-Mobile to Verizon and I think there may have been some problem completely porting over my phone number. 

The issue is that I can make outgoing calls, I can send text messages, and I can receive text messages, but it seems that I cannot receive calls. I have tried calling my own number from a different number and I get a message saying the person you'r;e calling cannot accept calls right now. Others have told me they also get that message when trying to call. 

I have tried resetting network settings and removing and reinserting my sim card. Neither worked.
Re: Can't Receive Calls But Can Make Calls & Send Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shacoria, thank you for coming over to our wireless family! I regret the issues you're having with service & we appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried. Allow me to help make sure we get your service fully working with us. A port-in should only take about 4-24 hours to complete. (Please refer to "7. How long will it take to port my number?"

in this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/local-number-portability-faqs/)Have you received a text from us stating that the transfer/port-in process has been completed? If not, we would need for you to please contact our Port Center at 888-844-7095. They'll be able to see what is happening with the port-in process. We appreciate your patience as we get everything situated for you. AliciaD_VZW

CadePaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also experiencing this problem. I had recently transferred over from t-mobile and I cannot receive any phone calls, but I can still make calls, facetimes and send texts. Please help 

nycgavin

If this happens right after you switched from another company to verizon, and you are porting over your number, it's probably your port over failed.  Contact verizon at 8775674899

0 Likes
frankfz99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same problem right now. did anyone get this resolved? I have contacted them the 6th time and went down to level 2 tech support. got two internal ticket numbers. still not resolved yet. Frustrating.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.