Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Can't get texts from 1 person
cyenzi22

I am having a problem with texting one person. I have no problem texting everyone else except 1 person. I am not blocked and they are not blocked on my phone. I have reset my phone and even changed phones and it still doesn't work. They get my messages and send me one back and I do not ever receive it. It is getting really frustrating and I stopped at 2 Verizon stores and they couldn't help. I have deleted the contact and tried to receive the messages they sent without having them saved in my contacts. Nothing is working and I would like it fixed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get texts from 1 person
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Is this person replying to the text you sent?  Or just using your contact information?  You said you deleted this contact but maybe the glitch is on their end - have them delete you from their contact list, reboot the phone - then send a message and see if they can reply.

Be sure they are using your full, 10-digit phone number.

0 Likes
cyenzi22

They are replying and it says that the message sent I just never see it. I don't believe it is on their end because we have texted before and nothing changed on their phone I just stopped receiving their messages. But we will give it a try!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Other things to consider:

Is there a signature or special formatting that may not be coming through to your phone?

Is there a picture attached?

Are you in an area where there is little or no signal?  The texts may be delayed, and you get them later,

Just out of curiosity, what are the two phones involved?

0 Likes
cyenzi22

They are just regular texts not pictures. This problem just started last Thursday and I have not received any delayed messages. I just dont get them. My phone is a LG Cosmos Touch and the other is an iPhone 5

0 Likes