Can't send texts from Cosmos 3
cyn_m77

I just got a cosmos 3, my iphone stopped working so i got the cosmos 3 as a temporary phone. I get it set up to use my old number and I am able to send and receive phone calls but I can't send text messages. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send texts from Cosmos 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cyn_m77,

Let's make sure we get your text messages working! What occurs when you try and send a message? Are you able to receive any text messages in? Do you need any assistance with troubleshooting your iPhone at this point? Please share some details so we can further assist. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cyn_m77

When I try to send a message it just says "message failed". I was receiving messages for a minute and then it stopped working again. I don't think I need help with the iphone, I just want this one to work now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cyn_m77,

Thanks for those additional details.  Do you have old text messages stored on this device still? Is the inbox possibly full and rejecting new messages? Have you tried to restart and test again?

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cyn_m77

There aren't any messages saved on this phone, it is brand new.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to check your on-line My Verizon account or contact Customer Service and ensure that your text messaging feature wasn't turned off by mistake when you switched phones.

0 Likes
cyn_m77

My account says I have unlimited text messages.

0 Likes