Cannot delete text messages on LG Cosmos Touch
T_cat

My daughter's phone stopped deleting older text messages, which are taking up 80% of her capacity, so now it doesn't take much to fill up her inbox.  She tried to delete all messages but it will only remove the most recent ones.  None are "locked" - we checked that, and now it sometimes does not even notify you when your inbox is full, it just stops receiving messages.  Anyone else have this problem?  Suggestions please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot delete text messages on LG Cosmos Touch
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try removing the battery while the phone is on - wait for a minute or two, then reinsert the battery and reboot the phone.  If the messages are not gone, try deleting them after the battery pull.  Then let us know if things improve.

0 Likes
T_cat

Tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not help.  Also of note: when she does try to "delete all messages" it will only remove the most recent txts that she has sent, but she has to manually remove the txts she received one at a time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings all! Special thanks to SuzyQ for her recommendation! T_cat, you've done a terrific job of troubleshooting this issue. But if you've already tried to empty the box of messages and then determined that the messages are not locked, anything that remains indicates a problem with the phone rather than the messages. We may need to look at replacement options. If you're interested in reviewing those options, please send me a Direct Message through this forum. I'll need to have your name and the mobile number you're working with. Thanks! ^DGM

0 Likes