Casio Brigade rebooting in the middle of calls and getting more frequent.
melanie35
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Casio Brigade reboots in the middle of calls. It was usually preceded by a humming noise but it is happening more frequently and no longer hums just reboots. The battery is fine and has a normal life. The phone has never been dropped or wet (the Brigade is supposed to withstand both anyway). No, I do not have access to another phone so Verizon can tell me to reset it. I already reset and it didn't help. I programmed it again yesterday so it is up-to-date. Only reboots during calls (for now). Occasional dropped calls are expected but rebooting is not acceptable!

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Brigade rebooting in the middle of calls and getting more frequent.
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you resolve this problem yet?

I am thinking of getting the Brigade to replace my GZone Boulder.   The Brigade QWERTY flip open keyboard is appealing.

0 Likes
melanie35
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is an awesome phone....if it worked right. I love the keyboard and the ruggedness of this phone. If only it wouldn't reboot in the middle of calls and/or Verizon had a solution that worked. It had this problem since day one and they had me reset it several times. It was OK for awhile. Then it started again but infrequently so I just lived with it. But now, it was every other call. I tried resetting it again several times and it is now out of warranty, of course. The last tech guy told me to uninstall all of the programs like navigator and backup assistant and THEN reset it. But it wouldn't let me remove backup assistant.

Anyway, I am back on my old phone that I only stopped using because of the poor sound quality. But, I guess I'll have to live with it until my contact for the other phone is up. ... NEXT JUNE. I believe this to be a software issue.. The phone itself is probably great. Good luck.

Oh, I also learned that it is more prudent to buy an unlocked dual-mode phone that accommodates both GSM and CDMA so that your phone will be usable if you decide to switch to another carrier. Verizon is about the only one using CDMA now. If you want a Verizon phone, get one that is "global ready". They have both modes. Hope it helps...

0 Likes
Rocknrollz5

Thinking about getting a Brigade from ebay. Had one several years ago when they first came out and at that time I was able to activate it with a pay as you go ($1.99) data plan but that was before the rules changed.  Does anyone know if this phone can still be activated this way?  I do not want to purchase it if i  have to buy a data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rocknrollz5-

Thank you for posting to our community! The Casio Bridage does not require any data plan option. You are able to get use the pay as you go option for $1.99 per MB. Keep us posted if you have further questions.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been using the Brigade about 2 months now.  Knock on wood,  I must be lucky -  no issues at all. No reboots.  Texting is so easy - very good keyboard.  Sound is excellent in both directions and also with speaker-phone.

Very happy all around with the Brigade.

0 Likes