Casio GzOne Ravine 2 cuts off long text messages
cornhoolio

Is there a way to scroll to the remainder of a long text message?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Casio GzOne Ravine 2 cuts off long text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the reply cornhoolio! Love the screen name by the way! If the text message is more than 160 characters then the message should be delivered as 2 separate messages. The only exception is that if it's sent as an MMS, which is 1000 characters. If you did not receive the second part of the message then I would suggest checking how much available device memory that you have. You may have to delete any long threaded text messages to free up space. Once you have done so, pleas retest and keep us posted.   ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cornhoolio- Help has arrived! When receiving a long threaded text message, do you receive them in multiples? Have you been able to scroll through long text messages in the past? Does this occur with all users?   EfrainM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cornhoolio

This phone is new to us, so we have no history. The question remains: IS THERE A WAY TO SCROLL THROUGH LONGER MESSAGES? One would think the programmers and current users would know this easily.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the reply cornhoolio! Love the screen name by the way! If the text message is more than 160 characters then the message should be delivered as 2 separate messages. The only exception is that if it's sent as an MMS, which is 1000 characters. If you did not receive the second part of the message then I would suggest checking how much available device memory that you have. You may have to delete any long threaded text messages to free up space. Once you have done so, pleas retest and keep us posted.   ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you open the text message and it is showing on your screen, is there a scroll bar to the right?  Can you use the arrow keys to scroll? (The directional arrows around the OK button?)

1. The received message display appears when a new message arrives.

2. To display the message, select View Now and press the Center Select Key (OK button)

From there you should be able to use the directional keys to scroll through the received message.

0 Likes