Certified Like New Replacement is a pile of frustration
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a pantech hotshot where the backup assistant did work even after i had done multiple factory resets. so i called verizon customer care and i was sent a certified like new replacement. i received and activated this device on monday (8/13/12). now only 5 days later (8/18/12), i have another issue. whenever i insert a micro sd card, it goes to a black screen with a computer that says downloading and underneath in green letters it says usb dump. I have no clue what happened as i had been able to use my sd card prior to today. This is getting to be frustrating because it seems like the more i talk to verizon and get things fixed, the more issues i have, I am thinking about leaving and just plain doing with out a cell phone because im getting tired of every few weeks my phone having a firmware, software, or verizon end network access issue. im in college and i need a reliable phone, not a phone where i dont know if it will work when i pick it up. Any idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Certified Like New Replacement is a pile of frustration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That really does sound frustrating nuger93! Do you have any other memory cards to test out on your device? If so, do you get the same reaction? If you only have the issue with 1 memory card, you may need to reformat the card to your device (it does erase all info). Please follow these steps to format the card and keep us posted with the results: http://goo.gl/4uw4z

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i reformatted the sd card and yes the sd card was fine and yes i tried other sd cards. tech support sent me another phone but i am very weary now considering EVERY phone ive ever had from verizon is perfectly fine until it gets activated on my number. So i personally think that something has gone very sour on verizons end with my number because it happens with every phone that ever gets activated on my number. Its my 3rd phone in under 2 weeks and i start this year of college on thursday so im very scared over whether this replacement will work or not or if my number will go bad again

theverizonhater
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive had 8 galaxy nexus phones all worthless,and they wont give me my money back on a 300 dollar phone, and the worthless supervisor said if i leave I will have to pay an early termination fee, good luck gettin that, they know this phone is a defective device, tried to send me a cheaper phone, awful customer service, will be leaving for AT&T soon

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Good luck getting out of that ETF.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

He will after 7 years when it finally falls off his credit report. And feel the burn when he has to put down a deposit at other cell companies because VZW blacklisted him.

0 Likes