Chat customer service is untrained and misleading
Fourrr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my wife on a $45 plan unlimited phone, text and 250mb. I was going to leave verizon because of cost but this made me stay. Well she wants to switch to a smartphone and I was told twice on two different dates 3/22 and 4/5 that she could switch and she would be grandfathered into the plan. But I had to call customer care to have them do it. I called and was told that was not true. That is poor customer service and misleading customers. I should have left

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Chat customer service is untrained and misleading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any misinformation provided Fourrr! You can certainly keep the 250MB data option for $15, however, activating a Smartphone requires an access fee of $40 instead of $30 that she currently has for her basic phone. The plan will go from $45 to $55 plus taxes. This is only a $10 difference and she can enjoy the benefits of a Smartphone. Feel free to confirm this information at this link http://bit.ly/T8w8iM at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any misinformation provided Fourrr! You can certainly keep the 250MB data option for $15, however, activating a Smartphone requires an access fee of $40 instead of $30 that she currently has for her basic phone. The plan will go from $45 to $55 plus taxes. This is only a $10 difference and she can enjoy the benefits of a Smartphone. Feel free to confirm this information at this link http://bit.ly/T8w8iM at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fourrr
Enthusiast - Level 2

That not what I was told on customer chat twice. I was told it would stay

at $45 with the smartphone.

Everytime I talk to someone I get a different answer. I expect more from

verizon after being with you so long

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 7, 2014 7:37:45 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very sorry if someone gave you incorrect information Fourr. You can see from our website the minimum price for a Smartphone plan before any discounts would be $55. This may be lower if you have an employee discount. Check here:http://bit.ly/T31ZAc

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fourrr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why won't anybody from verizon tell me why I was misled twice and won't

make it right???

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 9, 2014 8:27:41 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
MustangCali
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fourrr,

I have the same problem with Verizon.  They won't honor anything they tell you because it is all lies.  I was told I had the $45 plan also & $100 bill credit promo if I switched to a smartphone.  Well I got screwed too.  Not only do I not have the $45 plan, I am now paying $10 more for the same plan and now they won't honor my employee discount on the $55 plan.  Even though I was told over & over again that it would apply.  ALL A BUNCH OF LIES TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

0 Likes
MustangCali
Enthusiast - Level 2

You guys all lie!!!  You say you can get a discount on the $55 plan & you dangle it in front of our noses & then yank it away.  I was told just today that Verizon will not honor discounts on any plan under 1GB!!!  What crap!!!!!  Bait & Switch tactics.  Why don't you just honor what your customer service reps tell us, the consumer, & stop lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MustangCali,

We always want to make sure that we are giving accurate information! I apologize that this did not occur on your recent contact with Verizon Wireless. We can review your account to see what happened, and file feedback on the representative who supplied the incorrect information. Please accept my follow and send a private message to discuss your account details.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Fourrr,

I understand your frustration and I apologize that the incorrect information was provided regarding your wife's calling plan price. If you have the Chat transcript ID I can see if I can look up the Chat and see what you were offered. I will also be able to see the Chat Representative's name and submit feedback so this does not happen again in the future.

Again, I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fourrr
Enthusiast - Level 2

John how do I contact you.

Fourrr

0 Likes