Constantly getting "Contact Administrator" when accessing voicemail
petersruby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Covoy 3  basic phone and at least 10 times a month when trying to get my voice mail, it says "you have no access to the system, please contact your administrator".  It's the only basic phone on the account - no changes are ever made. I don't change the password and I access the voicemail the same way every time -- *86. We have 2 other lines that are Smart Phones.

I called Verizon and they can't give me a real reason for this. But every time it happens I have to have the administrator (my daughter) go in and change my voice mail password and then it works.

Any ideas? This is really frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Constantly getting "Contact Administrator" when accessing voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly an unusual predicament, petersruby. I've never heard of that happening before. Do you notice if this happens while you're using your phone in a specific area? Do you have any sort of audio devices connected to the phone at the time, such as Bluetooth or headset devices?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
petersruby
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I am generally in my home or a few miles away.  I don't have any bluetooth devices or head sets. I am not charging at the time. It's a basic phone -- so there's no wifi involved. Just me and my flip phone trying to get my voice mails. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

petersruby, we can understand the need to make sure you have working voicemail. I just sent you a direct message so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes