Convoy 2 Firmware Upgrade, part-2
Old-Dog

Is the Samsung Software Upgrade Assistant for the Convoy 3 the same code/file as for the Convoy 2?  Is it available online from a Verizon and/or Samsung server somewhere for PC web browser downloading?  

I note that the Verizon Jetpack 4620LE firmware update tools (drivers and firmware) are available as online downloads according to the Verizon 4620LE help pages.  And I've downloaded them for my 4620LE.   Which begs the question of why the Samsung Convoy 2 and Convoy 3 firmware and update tools are apparently not available online for downloading using a PC browser.

Please see my previous posting, "Convoy 2 Firmware Upgrade?"

I spent over 2-hours on the phone this evening with Samsung and Verizon tech-support regarding Verizon apparently not having the 640.FA11 (last released) firmware available for updating the Convoy 2.  In fact, its not even clear (and Verizon tech support could not answer) if firmware for the Convoy 3 is actually available.  Nor could Verizon tech support provide any answers on the Samsung Software Upgrade Assistant.  Thus the questions above.

TIA,

--Old-Dog

Labels (1)
0 Likes